Sunday, July 21, 2024

Botanical Mushrooms

Hello friends~  I'm popping in with a quick post with a card I made for the Color Hues challenge, where the colors are red & green. 
That color combination does bring to mind Christmas as my first thought, but I wanted to see what I could come up with that wasn't Christmassy.   
These mushrooms from Pinkfresh Studio were sitting on the space where I keep my NBUS and they fit the bill perfectly.  Since this is the first time they've seen ink, I think I'll add this card to Darnell's NBUS Challenge as well.

They fit well inside this bottle from Spellbinders, from one of the past Large Die of the Month sets.

I'll be adding this to the following challenges:
Color Hues ~ Red & Green

Word Art Wednesday ~ Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by!


11 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

This is absolutely ADORABLE Birgit and a perfect use of the challenge colors with the mushrooms and leafery! I love, LOVE that jar you used too and the sweet little tag! You definitely made our challenge colors SHINE my friend...thanks so much for sharing this beauty with us at Color Hues!! Hugs. :0)

Tracey McNeely said...

Birgit this is such a fun shaped card, I love that your card base is a bottle and the mushrooms a perfect addition! Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Colo Hues!

Nancy said...

Birgit, What a darking card! I love your creativity and the direction you took with our colors. Thank you for playing along! I love having you and your fabulous work in our gallery at Color Hues.

I Card Everyone said...

Darling and yes, magical mushrooms, Birgit!
=]

Karen said...

Such perfect images for our red and green challenge! I love the shaped card and your arrangement of the elements is wonderful! Thanks for sharing with us at Color Hues!

Lisa Elton said...

That bottle is so much fun! This is a fantastic card, Birgit!

Donna Phelan said...

Totally not Christmassy! Loving that large bottle and your mushrooms on the inside. That Tag is sweet and the twine looks great--what fab dies! Let me know if you would like some 'cork' paper, it's adhesive backed and would look great used with that cork die! :)

Darnell said...

Well done coming up with a non-Christmas-y design for the colors, Birgit! I love how you used soft colors and fit the mushrooms and greenery so perfectly inside that cool bottle! The bits of bling and sweet tag finish it beautifully! Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Great to see you! Hugs, Darnell

blbabe1234 said...

Love those mushrooms!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my that is too sweet, I love the soft coloring of the mushrooms, that tag is too cute too. they fit in the bottle perfectly like they were made for it, great job doing something other than Christmas :)

Cindy Beach said...

Oh I agree, the mushrooms fit the bill perfectly, Birgit! I love the shaped card and the bold red tag. Of course, I love your creativity in using a botanical theme, your card is gorgeous! Thanks for joining us to play at Color Hues!