Wednesday, July 3, 2024

Seas The Day ~ Nautical ~ Double D Challenge

Good morning friends and Happy Independence Day, almost!  As the nation prepares to celebrate the adoption of the Declaration of Independence, Double D Challenge is bringing you a new challenge with a Nautical theme.  

I pulled out an old paper pack from Authentique called "Seafarer" for my card.  How appropriate that the colors in this collection are red, white and blue. 

My friend Donna so kindly shared some of her die cuts with me last year, and I cut these wonderful oars along with many other nautical themed dies.  Thanks Donna!


This is a fun challenge you won't want to miss!  So be sure to visit Double D Challenge to see more inspiration from the amazing team and join in on the fun.
Here's the inspiration board to give you a jump start:


And here's what you could win when you play along:

Be safe and enjoy your 4th of July!

Thanks for stopping by!


8 comments:

Diane said...

A fabulously designed card with each and every detail and love that red banner, makes everything else stand out, love it!!

Donna Phelan said...

This is fantastic! My eyes were drawn right to those oars lol They landed perfectly! :) Great decorated banner with all the nautical items. Love that little sailor hat, my Dad was in the Navy, have his uniform around here somewhere--if I recall correctly it was wool, can you imagine?

Vicki said...

Fantastic card, Birgit. I love that cluster of nautical items surrounded by the life saver. You captured the nautical theme perfectly!

Marcia Hill said...

Awesome card Birgit! Your dsp is so perfect for this nautical themed challenge and I love all the die cuts you added too! Especially the oars and the cap...like Donna, my dad was also in the Navy, so this hat makes me think of him! Sweet, sweet card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Darlene said...

Well, first of all ... love your patriotic blog ... AWESOME!
Your card is just perfect and I love all the layers & elements! Well done my friend ... hope you have a wonderful holiday weekend! Be safe!

Lisa Elton said...

Terrific layers, this is cute!

Judy Woodland said...

What a fabulous use of those die cuts, and I love your choice of patterned papers. Great take on the challenge, my friend!!!

Conniecrafter said...

Perfect papers and I love the way you layered all the items together, so neat!