Wednesday, July 10, 2024

Susan's Garden Azalea with Garden Pot ~ Spellbinders

Good morning crafty friends!  I've been spending as much time outside working in the flower gardens as possible when the sun is shining, but I was quite happy to take a break when these dies from Spellbinders arrived.  I was given the opportunity to work with these beautiful dies from Susan's Tierney-Cockburn, Nature's Botanical Garden Collection.  

I chose the Azalea and Garden Pot with Lady Bugs to work with.  These flowers are truly stunning!  Note:  I did not add the lady bugs to my projects.

The background was made using Nested Postage Labels & Tags and Postage Numbers from the Bayfair by Rosie's Studio collection.  I created a collage style background by stamping images from Cathe Holden's Sign Here and Handle with Care.  

The second card is much more clean and simple but equally pretty!

I love how gorgeous these flowers look when molded on a soft mat using a stylus ball tool from Susan's Ultimate Tool Kit.  The stamen have been fairy dusted with a bit of Yellow Paper Flower Pollen to give them a realistic look.

 

Here's a list of all the products I used that can be found at Spellbinders:

While typing up this post, our azalea bush was in full bloom.  It is stunning this year!  

We had the blessing of babysitting our dear little "C" over Memorial weekend.  Here he is standing in front of the azalea bush, donning his red & blue to honor our veteran's and those who serve our country.

Thanks for stopping by!


7 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

Both cards are absolutely BEAUTIFUL Birgit! Those flowers are incredible and I love the 3D look to them! The background on your 1st card is awesome too...both are lovely, lovely cards!! And of course your Azalea bush is beautiful too, but the star is definitely Callum...such a cutie!! Hugs. :0)

Lisa Elton said...

Two pretty cards, Birgit! Those flowers are so realistic. The one with the polka dot pot is my favorite, of course. But little Mister C takes first place in my heart today!

blbabe1234 said...

Gorgeous cards. LOVE those beautiful flowers

I Card Everyone said...

OH, Birgit! You had the most beautiful inspiration for your card right in your yard!!
I am amazed how much realism you've brought to your Azaleas! Where has this 'pollen' been hiding?? Fantastic!
=]

Barbara said...

Really sweet cards and they have the look of being real. The background on the first card is very inspiring. All is wonderful but the best is little C.

Donna Phelan said...

Gorgeous card! Love these dies and the texture, so pretty! The Postage vibe looks fabulous too! Now let's talk about that cute little man of yours! ADORABLE! How fun to babysit him, did you need a nap afterwards? I find after a day with the girls I can sleep, you know, for a mere 12 hours. So FUN!

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful flowers, love the pots with them too, I love both versions! Your bush outside is blooming beautifully and I bet you enjoyed your time with your little guy!