Friday, February 17, 2017

Celebrating The Past, Present & The Future with PTI

Hello friends~  We've been getting zonked with snow and power outages and I was snowed in for four days.  What else better to do than to play catch up on the anniversary celebrations going on over at PTI.  Hope you don't mind that I am posting all my cards in this one post. 
2009
I didn't have any of the sets from 2009 so I chose to use the cherries from Still Life: Summer.
I did a bit of "kissing" by covering a polka dotted background stamp in Pure Poppy ink and then "kissing" or stamping the cherries onto the background stamp, picking up the ink and then stamping them onto the coordinating die cut.  I did the same kind of stamping for the leaves.
2010
I didn't have any stamps from 2010 either so I used 
Fancy Folk Art to make this card.

2011
I finally got to a year where I had a featured stamp set.  Garden Variety!


This has been a long time favorite of mine so I made not one, but two cards!

2012
I had Embroidered Blooms from the 2012 selection and I pretty much CASEd Melissa's sweet card with just a few alterations to make it my own.

2013
For 2013, I didn't have any of the featured sets so I went back to another favorite oldie, Out On A Limb.

Thanks so much for sticking with me while I got caught up. 

I'll be entering one of these cards into the following challenges:
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge ~ Fantastic Florals
Simon Says Monday Challenge ~ Favorite Tool ~ Die Cuts
The Card Concept ~ Vintage
Word Art Wednesday ~ Anything Goes

You can find all the details about PTI's 10th Anniversary over at Nichole's Blog.  
Blessings~ Birgit





14 comments:

Nancy Penir said...

Sounds to me like getting snowed in can be a blessing when it come to crafting. All your cards are gorgeous, GORGEOUS! You had me at the cherries! But I melt whenever I see red and white. We'll compare notes about who has the worst weather... when it's all over! xxx

Lisa Elton said...

These are all amazing Birgit!! I am over the moon for those kissed polka dot cherries!! We had snow yesterday and today it's gone with a high of 60 coming tomorrow. What the heck is going on with the weather this winter LOL!!

Joyously Noelle said...

Beautiful cards! Those cherries are super sweet!

Marcia Hill said...

Oh Birgit...these are all FABULOUS!! I thought your polka dotted cherries would be my favorite, but each card kept me oooohing and ahhhhhhing, so I can't pick a favorite! Each one is absolutely lovely! I'm bummed you had to be snowed in for 4 days and no power, but it sure made for fantastic creativity time!! Have a great weekend my friend!! :0)

Unknown said...

Oh My Word, snowstorms suit you! lol Each and every one of your cards is glorious! Love them all! Great job in completing your homework. I have finally caught up myself. Yay! Here's to SPRING! :)

Ann Greenspan's Crafts said...

All of your cards are amazing but my favorite is the first one with the cherries. The cherries just pop off this card. Beautifully done.

Catherine said...

All your cards are beautiful, Birgit! What a wonderful way to spend time when you're snowed in. All the designs are fabulous, amazing talent! Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

Cathie ♥

Susie said...

Very striking card - beautiful!

Conniecrafter said...

You did a fabulous job with all of these. Love the pattern on the cherries going along with the pretty border!
Beautiful folk art stamps and that sentiment is terrific!
Love your gorgeous bird on the watercan filled with flowers!
Those embroidery flowers are so pretty and look terrific.
Lovely branch and flowers, it is so sweet!
Hope you are out from under that snow soon!

Sharron said...

Wow, all that snow! We have been so warm here that a little of that would be welcome. Love all your gorgeous cards! The Garden Variety designs are wonderful, love how you added that little bird on the watering can. And I adore the cherries, such an awesome CAS design!

laurie said...

What an awesome bunch of cards! You have been busy! Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept:)

Gayatri said...

All your cards are very beautiful. Thank you so much for playing along Simon Says Stamp Fantastic Floral Challenge. Gayatri xx

Karen Davis said...

What a fabulous lineup of cards! Being snowed in really gave you a chance to be super creative. Thank you so much for joining us at The Card Concept.

Jo Ann said...

All of these cards are so adorable. Thank you for joining our Challenge a few weeks ago at Word Art Wednesday. We have a week left on our current Challenge and I hope you join us again. Leaving you with the inspiration of God's Word in Psalm 84:11 and it says, "For the LORD God is a sun and shield; The LORD gives grace and glory; No good thing does He withhold from those who walk uprightly." Have a blessed week.

JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com