Thursday, February 23, 2017

Happy Birthday Friend

Hello friends~  I've been playing around with some older sets in my craft room that have been far too overlooked lately.  It's so easy to get caught up in all the new release parties going on everywhere.  I'm cutting back and enjoying using some of my old favorites like this set from Concord & 9th
I  started by cutting a Stitched Scalloped Rectangle from MFT out of this pretty textured light blue card stock and then cutting the Layers Of Love out of the center of that .

The floral spray at the base of the heart was made using elements from Layers Of Love and an Elizabeth Craft Designs Aster.  This flower is quickly becoming one of my favorite easy to make, "go to" flowers.

The sentiment was stamped and heat embossed in silver onto a vellum Stitched Fishtail Banner and a few sequins to add some bling, finish the card off nicely.

I hope you enjoyed today's card and maybe you're inspired to pull out some of your old favorites and give them some new love.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  Blessings~ Birgit




5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oooh I adore that heart die, so pretty and different! This looks beautiful in that pretty blue! FAB card!

Ann Greenspan's Crafts said...

Birgit, I've never seen that Layers of Love die before, so to me, it's new. Lovely spring colors on your card. Liking that die; I need to take a look at the Concord & 9th store -- I'll click on your side bar icon to get there. Thanks for sharing this.

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful, I love the embossed sentiment in silver on the vellum and that flower is lovely, it always feels good to use some of our forgotten treasures doesn't it!

Kara Lynne said...

Wonderful card, Birgit! I love that heart die and the color in your flower! So many beautiful details on this card!

Marcia Hill said...

Yea for bringing out some oldies but goodies!! This card turned out so pretty Birgit...love the heart and that lovely flower!! Definitely a happy card my friend!! :0)