Monday, February 13, 2017

Happy Birthday Dear Friend!

Hello~  Today's card is a pop up card that I made for a very dear friend who is celebrating her birthday today...  Can you guess who it is??  I used lots of amazing Elizabeth Craft Designs dies to create it.

I also used a beautiful line of papers from Basic Grey called True Love. I added two ECD Dotted Scallop Circles and stamped the sentiment on the smaller circle using MFT's Blissful Butterflies.  I cut two of the smaller Stitched Hearts out of patterned paper and layered them over Garden Notes Ivy Vine.
For this inside of this card I used Lots Of Pops to create this fun pop up scene.  I'm totally addicted to Lots Of Pops, as you'll see in future posts.  It is so easy to use and you can use it for everything!!
I started with the Barrel Basket and filled it using a Scalloped Heart layered with a Stitched HeartGarden Notes Ivy Vine and those sweet little Lovebirds which I snipped off and colored using Tim Holtz Distress Inks.  The birthday sentiment is from General Sentiments.  I also added some grassy edges using Outdoor Edges.

 To another pop up layer I added these sweet Daisies that I colored to look like sunflowers.  shhh... no one will ever know it's supposed to be a daisy.  ;0)  I added a banner using the banner dies from Lots of Pops.

Just look at all this dimension.  The wonderful thing is that this card folds flat for easy mailing.  It would probably require extra postage.


Hopefully my very dear friend has already received her card in the mail.  If not she gets a sneak peek at it here today.
Happy Birthday dear friend!  I hope you have a wonderful day!!

I'll be adding this card to the following challenges:
4 Crafty Chicks


Thanks so much for visiting me. I do hope you'll take the time to leave me a comment and let me know you stopped by.  I try to visit everyone in return. Blessings~ Birgit

6 comments:

Ann Greenspan's Crafts said...

OMG Birgit, you put so much time into this card and it shows. I love the dimension of the pop-ups and your coloring on the birds, flowers and greenery. Just a gorgeous card that the recipient will surely appreciate.

Unknown said...

Oh My! This is gorgeous! I thought they were 2 different cards at first, duh! Beautiful dies, and you put them together just perfectly! STUNNING!

Marcia Hill said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you for my BEAUTIFUL card Birgit! It is absolutely stunning in person and is a card I will treasure for years and years to come! I am just blown away by all the detail on this card and ALL the layers! You really outdid yourself on this one and totally made my day when I received it! So again, THANK YOU my dear friend!! :0)

Lisa Elton said...

THIS...is spectacular!!!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my goodness Birgit, this is Absolutely Stunning, lovely outside and then open and wow Amazing, such a Beautiful little scene you have created inside, wonderful details in the shading/coloring and layout of it all, Wonderful!!!

Tamie Camp said...

Your dies are simply incredible! I love how you layered on both of your cards and the scene you made. Simply Stunning! Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful talent with us at 4 Crafty Chicks Love Challenge.

Tamie DT