Monday, May 29, 2017

Cut Cardstock ~ Only Fish In The Sea

Living on the east coast, we have our fair share of ocean side visits.  I'm inspired by all the little creatures and plant life that I see when looking into tide pools when the tide is out.
Today's project features many colors from the Basis Cardstock line that are currently on sale at Cut Cardstock for the month of May.  They have colors that meet your every creative need and they cut like butter using steel dies.  

Here's a snapshot of products I used in today's post.
Basis Cardstock in the following colors: AquaGreyCoralWhite and Red and  Core' Dinations Cardstock.  Dies from Elizabeth Craft Designs Seaweed and Shells Large.

I started by cutting a wavy patterned die out of the Aqua colored Basis Cardstock and adhered it to a piece of patterned paper using Tombow Mono Multi-Purpose Liquid Glue.
I cut many of the sea weed shapes out of white Basis Cardstock and added color using Distress Inks.

Once they were colored I added some shimmer using  Heidi Swapp Color Shine

The crab was created using red Basis Cardstock for the top die and red Vintage Collection Core'Dinations for the bottom layer.  I just love the texture on the Core'Dinations cardstock and this crab is adorable!

I played around with design layouts and settled on this one.  I cut one of the wavy lines out of the die cut panel to allow room for a sentiment.  I then stamped the sentiment in Versamark Ink and heat embossed it using silver embossing powder.  

Once the front panel was complete, I adhered it onto an A2 sized, top folding card made white Basis Cardstock.

Don't forget to include a fun colored coordinating Basis Envelope.  They come in all the same great colors as the cardstock and you can mix and match them to create your own assortment of envelopes!
I hope you enjoyed today's project for Cut Cardstock.
Thanks so much for stopping by!  Blessings~ Birgit

6 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

I like the sentiment Birgit, this is adorable!

Marcia Hill said...

You do such wonderful sea scenes Birgit...they're absolutely magical! And I love the sentiment on this one too! FABULOUS card my friend!! :0)

Marybeth said...

What a darling underwater scene with lots of shimmer! Love the idea of matching envelopes!

Donna Phelan said...

I wouldn't live anywhere else, neighbor! ;) I loooooove this! You have totally captured the look and feel of the Atlantic seaside! Great colors and dies. This is marvelous!

Conniecrafter said...

So neat, love the under the water scene you have created, love the shimmer you used on them and the background, that sentiment is too cute!

Janice said...

You have captured the underwater life perfectly! I love your card Birgit!