Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Thinking Of You with Asters

Hello friends~  Today's card features some wonderful dies from Elizabeth Craft Designs.




I started by blending on Distress Inks in Abandoned Coral, Tattered Rose and Antique Linen and then spritzing it with a solution of water with a drop of bleach.

 I cut the panel using Fishtail Borders and mounted the bottom portion to an A2 sized card and the top portion using foam tape to give it a little lift.

I cut the smallest Entwined Oval out of Kraft card stock and adhered it to the top portion of the card so that it hangs slightly over the bottom.
 I cut the Pair Of Leaves 1 out of olive green card stock and added a bit of color using ColorBox Dark Moss Chalk Ink.
 I then cut several Garden Notes Asters out of pink card stock, adding color with Distress Inks and assembling the flowers.  I added some Prills to the centers of the flowers.  I love the realistic look the prills give.    

Once the card was assembled I added a sentiment banner using a stamp from General Sentiments.

You can find all these dies at Elizabeth Craft Designs.

I'll be adding this card to the following challenges:
Crop Stop! ~ Distress Inks found in store
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge ~ Going Dotty

Word Art Wednesday ~ Anything Goes
The Sisterhood of Crafters ~ Encouragement
Double D Challenges ~ Flowers Galore
Creative With Stamps ~ Flowers

I hope you enjoyed today's card.
Thanks so much for stopping by!  Blessings~ Birgit

15 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Holy guacamole is this ever beautiful Birgit!!

Donna Phelan said...

These are stunning, love your background that V border die and your beautiful asters! WOW!

Marcia Hill said...

This is absolutely GORGEOUS Birgit! Your background is SO beautiful and I am totally in love with those flowers...they are SO realistic looking! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! :0)

Ann Greenspan's Crafts said...

I never thought to add bleach to the spritzed water.......great idea for a more dramatic effect. Your cards are always so pretty because you ink your paper and the colors are perfect every time. This is so pretty.

Darlene said...

Oh Birgit this is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Love your design and sponging ... awesome inspiration my friend!!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Flowers Galore’ challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

Darlene said...

Tee Hee! Guess Who?? LOL
Back again to share even more praise for this beautiful card! I truly love your design ... those asters are gorgeous and even though the card is relatively simple, it is FABULOUS and STRIKING! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘Encouragement’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit!

aussie aNNie said...

STUNNING...Beautiful designed creation, very creative, for our current challenge, lovely colours too...hope to see you next challenge.. Double D Challenges{DT aNNie}

Conniecrafter said...

beautiful, love the inking and such pretty display of the flowers... I had to google prills, now I think I may need some, LOL!

Janice said...

This is absolutely stunning Birgit! I love the blended background, such beautiful colours and the flowers are so elegant. I just love everything about it!

Linda said...

Gorgeous Birgit. Beautiful colors.

Helen F. said...

This is beautiful, Birgit! Love the background as much as the gorgeous flower wreath! Thank you for joining us at Creative With Stamps for this month's challenge :)

Leslie Miller said...

So beautiful! Goodness, I love your blended background. The water spritzing makes all the difference. Wow! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Double D!

Sharron said...

Love this, Birgit! Those colors are so stunning!

Vickie Y said...

Beautiful flowers and card. Thank you for sharing with us at The Sisterhood of Crafters.

Esther Asbury said...

Absolutely Gorgeous card!!! I love the look the bleach water gives your spritzing and those beautiful blooms you created! So, so pretty!! Thanks for linking up to the Cropstop blog - I always enjoy visiting your blog!