Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Daisy Pop-Up Birthday Card

Hello~  I've got a pop-up card to share with you today using lots of dies from Elizabeth Craft Designs.
This was made for my sweet mother-in-law's birthday back in April and I'm just now getting around to sharing it.  Do you ever do that?  Create cards that you don't get around to sharing or sometimes never share?  My card file is full of them!  Anyway, here it is and I hope you enjoy it.

This is the front of the card using a couple of landscape die and the ECD Daisy.  The bee is an old Quickutz die and the sentiment from General Sentiments is stamped on a Stitched Fishtail Banner.

 Moving on to the inside where all the fun is, I started by using the Lots Of Pops die to build the pop-up section.  If you've never created a pop-up card before let me say, do not be intimidated.  The pop-up die makes creating them so easy to build on and the directions are so easy.  The design ideas are limitless so just let your imagination take over and go for it!
 Here, I added a trio of daisies to the background layer and I added a folded banner that I attached to the middle layer using strips of clear acetate to give it some height. ETA: The hills are created using Stitched Hill Dies.
On the front layer I used ECD Barrel Basket and filled it with Garden Notes Ivy and two of the sweet Birds from Joset's designs. I further added strips of grass in graduating sizes on each pop-up layer.  I added color to the daisies, birds, basket, grass and ivy using Distress Inks.
A closer look at all that dimension.

I hope you'll be inspired by today's project to make a pop-up card to brighten someone's day. The look on their faces when they open them is pure delight!

I'll be entering this card into the following challenges:
Simon Says Monday Challenge ~ Little Critters
Word Art Wednesday ~ Anything goes

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Blessings~ Birgit

20 comments:

Linda said...

Birgit, this is as sweet and adorable as can be. I must say you are the Queen of Dies. I bet your MIL loved it.

Donna Phelan said...

Hmmm just wrote a comment and it went *poof* This is an awesome Pop Up card! Love your pretty daisies and those sweet, sweet birds--your coloring is so beautiful! I bet she loved it!!!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my goodness Birgit, this is so creative!! Love every special little detail you added. Everything flows together beautifully!

Ann Greenspan's Crafts said...

Love those birds on the basket. Beautiful card.

Barbara said...

Inspired? Heck yes! I have put lots of these dies on my wish list. This is an awesome card, love how you did it.

Marsha said...

This is spectacular. I want to give it a try. Must try to save this!!

I Card Everyone said...

I adore your card Birgit!! I'm thinking you had such fun creating it ... and your mil lovingly checking out every sweet little bit of it!!
=]

Marcia Hill said...

Oh my gosh Birgit...I am totally in LOVE with this card and actually jealous of Darrel's mom! I bet she just flipped when she opened this lovely, lovely card! I am so blown away by all the many, many layers that go into creating these pop up cards and how every piece is just perfect!! This one should win an award or something...absolutely perfect my friend!!! (and yes, I have LOTS of cards that I've photographed and never shown, so you're not alone!!) :0)

Kelly Booth said...

Such a sweet card Love this and I bet she did too!!!!

Unknown said...

were are hills from what Dies are they please

JaneAnn said...

Spectacular Card!

Karen (karey2005) said...

So pretty and sunny! What a happy card!

Sharron said...

Goodness, this is so creative and absolutely adorable! You did a wonderful job putting it all together and I adore those sweet little birds!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh wow this is your first, you did such a fantastic job on this, wow I bet your MIL was just thrilled when you gave this to her, the front of the card is so pretty but the inside is terrific, wonderful details and shading/coloring of everything is just wonderful!!

Janice said...

This is just beautiful Birgit, I always love your pop up cards but this has to be my all time favourite. The flowers are just beautiful too.

Nancy Penir said...

I can only imagine the joy on the face of whoever gets this beauty... Brigit, you thought of everything for this card! Every detail is a wonder. So sweet, colorful and detailed! In love with the dimension!!!

Kath Stewart said...

a stunning card Birgit...love those big daisy flowers and your birds are just adorable...thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge...hugs kath xxx

Diana @ Playingwithoutlimits said...

Really enjoyed your card. Made me do some out of the box thinking that is always good.

Diana @ Playing
playingwithoutlimits.wordpress.com

how to make 3d greeting cards said...

Super 3D looking card. Love that tree stamp, so delicate looking.. You can see more about wedding pop-up cards. My friends introduce this supplier to me. They great. . If you want to find a pop-up cards supplier, dont forget them.

Unknown said...

Really love these 3d card design... I created for my mom as you told and she loved it... Thanku so much for sharing.