Wednesday, June 7, 2023

Lemonade ~ Double D Challenge

Hello my crafty friends ~ I just love the colors of summer, don't you?
Double D Challenges is starting a new challenge this week and I think you're going to love the inspiration board.  The theme for the next two weeks is "LEMONADE".  SWEET, right?


I pulled out Lawn Fawn Zesty Lemons and Dried Citrus Slices from The Greetery to make my card.

I cut all the pieces out of white card stock and blended on Distress Oxide Inks in the colors Squeezed Lemonade, Mustard Seed and Spun Sugar.  I added some glitter to the inside pieces of the lemons to sugar them up.

The sentiment banner is stamped and die cut using Papertrey Ink Banner Style.  
Easy Peasy, Lemon Squeezy!

I hope you'll play along with this sweet challenge, over at Double D Challenges.

Here's the mood board to help inspire you:


And here's the prize that you could win if you play along:
ETA:  I'm adding this card to the Word Art Wednesday Challenge ~ Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by!


14 comments:

Donna Phelan said...

Those Greetery dies are remarkable! Love your creation I can taste the pucker as I type lol Beautiful background and I like the way you placed each lemon, delish!

I Card Everyone said...

So pretty, Birgit! I just love your lemon slices - and I must remember to borrow those from our mutual friend, soon! That bit of sugar, and your sweet polka dotty banner were the perfect finishing touches!
=]

Vicki said...

This is so enchanting, Birgit! The soft colors and details are fantastic. That added sugar glitter is perfect. I love the muted background paper and sentiment banner.

Marcia Hill said...

I absolutely LOVE the color yellow, so that mood board and your FABULOUS lemons have me swooning Birgit!! And I love lemonade too!! I will definitely be pulling my Greetery Citrus Slices out to have a play with this FUN challenge! AWESOME card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Barbara said...

I too love the colors of summer and I adore that look that you got on this card. So light and summery goodness.

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful lemony card, pretty coloring and I love the touch of sugar you gave to them, very sweet!

Darlene said...

Oh how pretty! Love those lemon slices ... perfect! Such a sweet design too! You go girl ... another inspirational design!

Doni High said...

Love the layout. What a great idea to add some glitter to the insides of the lemon slices!

Leslie Miller said...

Birgit, your pretty lemon card is simply full of sunshine and summer! I love how you combined sets to put this design together. Shopping is fun, but shopping your stash is a lot of fun, too! Yesterday I went out of town with a friend -- a few hours inland to the valley and there was summer! It can't make up it's mind here on the coast. Anyway, it was heaven to sip a lemonade as we had our lunch. Such fun!

Lisa Elton said...

I've been eyeing this LF die set for a long time and I just need to buy it! I love what you've done with it here, Birgit. That little bit of sparkle is just perfect! Fabulous card!

aussie aNNie said...

Love this sezty and most delightful card. Your lemon slices are perfect and wish we had The Greenery dies here down under as this is perfectly designed... xx

Diane said...

This is a beautiful lemon card, I can see why you had to have this set and you have shown it so well and adding the greetery citrus slices is a great addition, they have been on MY wish list for quite some time!! A fabulously created inspiration card!!

Judy Woodland said...

I love, love, LOVE this. Those soft colors and that touch of pink really make this card pop. The sugary glitter is a wonderful final touch and the background just brings everything together perfectly.

Pretty Paper Junkie said...

My goodness those are the prettiest lemons. I love the touch of pink. This is a really lovely card you've made.