Monday, July 31, 2017

12 Kits Of Occasion ~ July

Happy July 31st!  Do you know what that means?  
It's time for the 12 Kits of Occasion blog hop!!
Kim Heggins of Cupcakes, Cards and Kim was our hostess with the mostest this month and her theme was Christmas In July.

What a wonderful kit she put together to help us all get a little head start on making our Christmas Cards for this year.  
Thanks Kim for such a darling kit!  I had so much fun playing with the Christmas contents in the heat of July.  ;0)

So without further adieu, here are my cards:
 This was the first card I made.  I couldn't wait to color up this darling cat from Avery Elle's Dear Santa.  I wanted a vintage / retro look so I stenciled some stripes using Worn Lipstick Distress Oxide Ink onto a pink card base.  I added my own book die called Santa's Book by Precious Marieke, trimmed in gold. 

 This next card features the adorable little sledding girl from MFT's Dashing By.  I colored her up using copics and turned it into a shaker card using MFT's Snow Drift Cover Up.



The next two cards were made using Taylored Expressions Bethlehem Boarder.  I glued the border onto a distressed background that I had created a while ago and cut it in two.  One die doing double duty; I love it when that happens!    Kim included the wonderful sentiments which I cut using Elizabeth 
Craft Designs Stitched Banner Dies.

 This die cut sentiment is so fabulous when layered up on the sparkly paper Kim included.  I think this was the quickest and easiest card I made using fun printed papers she supplied.


I can't say enough about this wonderful coffee cup from Hero Arts "Coffee".  It's frame worthy! 

That's it for my Christmas magic today.  I still have supplies left over so I can CASE more wonderful cards from the other gals.  I always look at their cards and think "why didn't I think of that?"
 Be sure to visit the 12 Kits of Occasion Blog so see all the cards my talented teamies whipped up and do be kind and visit Kim's guest designer Ardyth from MASKerade and leave her some love as well.  

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Blessings~ Birgit

13 comments:

Ann Greenspan's Crafts said...

All are such beautiful cards, Birgit. I especially like the cup of cheer one with that blue background.

Janice said...

Beautiful cards...all of them! I really love the shaker card, something so very different!

Nancy Penir said...

Good Morning, Birgit! I couldn't wait to get to your blog post to give some love to your kitty card! I fell in love from first site when I spotted it in the lineup. The book die is perfect, and on the striped bg, well, it's just a vintage wonder! All the cards this morning are so sweet. Love the split Bethlehem scene to craft 2 cards. Brilliant! And your sledding miss shaker is adorable. Always a fan of your cards! Hugs!

I Card Everyone said...

Birgit, I have had that same 'wditot?' thought! You have shown how to get double duty from that gorgeous skyline AND used two of my favorite Christmas songs as sentiments - I've saved two of my own for later! Wonderful cards!!
=]

Marcia Hill said...

Can certainly tell you had fun with this kit Birgit...your cards are amazing!! Love, LOVE your Kitty card...it's priceless!! Love the shaker card too! And of course the Bethlehem cards are absolutely GORGEOUS and how wonderful you were able to get two cards using it too! You definitely rocked this challenge my friend...love them all!! :0)

Kim Heggins said...

Oh my Birgit..so many fun and festive cards, love them all! I agree with you about that cup of holiday cheer, it looks simply fabulous framed! And your pair of Bethlehem cards is imply genius, so clever and a great way to use more than one of the sentiments. Wishing you a wonderful day!

Marybeth said...

You stenciled those stripes!!!! Love them!!! what a darling card, it has a bit of a Victoria Secrets feel to it, guess Im thinking of the box/bag. Both of the Bethlehem cards are beautiful and what a smart idea to take a section and make two!

Sharron said...

Goodness, so much inspiration here! Love how you used the bookplate with the adorable kitty--so cool! And getting some extra mileage with the Bethlehem die cut was a genius idea. Love the fabulous skies! I am so glad I still have mine to play with. And I love that classy design with the pretty frame. Just really wonderful cards this month!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my goodness Birgit, your Bethlehem cards are incredible! I love that you split the die cut to make two cards. I still have mine, think I might borrow this idea of yours!! Fabulous cards, each and every one of them. Wasn't this a fun kit!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my goodness you are on your way to being ready for Christmas :) I so love the shaker card you did and the Bethlehem ones are terrific too!!

Jeanne J. said...

So much fun here! You got me with the kitty and the writing in the book.. but then I saw all the sparkly sequins in your shaker with the girl sledding and that blew me away.. but then hold on!!! The backgrounds for the Bethlehem? GORGEOUS! Wonderful cards!

Tracey McNeely said...

Birgit what a wonderful collection of Christmas cards. Your kitty card is adorable, that shaker is so fun and I love your Bethlehem sky. So many unique ideas that I would never had thought of, well done!

Donna Phelan said...

Wow! What an array of beautiful Christmas cards! Loving the Shaker one and the one that says define naughty LOL