Friday, July 28, 2017

PTI Make-It Monday~ Color Blocking

Hello there~  I'm popping in to share a card I made for the Make-It Monday challenge going on over at PTI.  Laurie Shmidlin gave us three ideas for color blocking. 

 I used Gelatos to create my color blocked background by coloring the top edge of the cardstock and then spritzing it with water and letting the color run down the front.  
This was my first time using the Humming Along set and it took me a little time to figure out how to put this darling hummer together.  In the end I added clear Wink of Stella to the wings and throat and then I stamped the body over using Versamark ink and added Mica Powder to the body.  This little guy shimmers beautifully in real life.  
I also added clear Wink of Stella to the fuchsia's.   
You can find all the details and see Laurie's video HERE.

I'll also be adding this card to the following challenges:
Word Art Wednesday ~ Anything Goes
AAA Cards ~ Rainbow

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Blessings~ Birgit

13 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

What a cool artsy design Birgit, this is fun!

Linda said...

Wow Birgit. What an awesome background for your little hummer. Great color blocking. So pretty.

Nancy Penir said...

Birgit, that's downright gorgeous!!! Love the dripping and colors you used. Must try the gelatos. Haven't used them in a while. Also your sweet hummingbird is colored perfectly, as are the fuchsias. One gorgeous card!

Ann Greenspan's Crafts said...

Love that shiny hummingbird and those flowers are so real looking, colors are perfect on them. The color blocking technique makes such a pretty background. I'm going to have to try this soon.

Marcia Hill said...

This is SOOOO cool Birgit! I absolutely LOVE how you did your color blocked background and it is just perfect for your lovely Hummer and the gorgeous flowers! And the sparkle on the Hummer is FABULOUS...love it! Beautiful, beautiful card my friend!! :0)

Kathy Mc said...

Gorgeous card, Birgit! Love how the Gelatos ran. Perfect backdrop for your stunning hummer and fuschia!

Jennifer T. said...

This is great! I love the technique you used on the background.

Craft-E-Place said...

Super colourful background! Thanks for playing along at AAA Cards
Elaine

Sharron said...

Fabulous, Birgit! Love the 'dripping' colors! And the fuchsia and hummer look gorgeous--just a beautiful design!

Conniecrafter said...

pretty pastel colors in the background and such a pretty bird!

Jane said...

Loving all those vivid bright colours, a real head turner! Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

Tracie Pond said...

Beautiful drips of happy colors. Thank you for sharing with us at AAA Cards.

Donna Phelan said...

What a gorgeous background, your colors are so BOLD! I adore that hummingbird too! Looks like you had FUN with this challenge!