Friday, July 28, 2017

Elegant Wedding Card

We're well into wedding season and since this month's sale at Cut Cardstock includes all Gold & Silver Cardstocks and papers, I thought I'd inspire you with an elegant wedding card.  


 Here's a snapshot of the products I used in today's project:

 I started by cutting the largest Sue Wilson frame die out of Cougar White Super Smooth 80lb Cardstock and then cut a piece of CCS 54lb Gold Glitter Paper 1/2" larger than the white frame and layered the two using Score Tape.  

I repeated the process as above using the fancy Sue Wilson oval frame and layered them in the same manner.  

I backed the ovals with a piece of matte board to add depth and attached it to the rectangle frame.

As I was in the process of designing this card, I decided I need to create a tag for the sentiment.  I chose this fancy shape which is actually a Christmas ornament die from Elizabeth Craft Designs.  This is part of a new release which you'll be seeing more of soon.  ;0)    I stamped the sentiment onto the tag and gently ran the edge of the die through a Versamark Ink Pad and then heat embossed it with gold embossing powder.

I added this pretty trio of Prima Flowers using Glue Dots and tucked the sentiment tag and bow under the cluster of flowers.

Be sure to visit the Cut Cardstock store and stock up on Gold & Silver cardstocks and papers while it's on sale for the month of July.  

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Blessings~ Birgit

5 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

What a beautiful and sparkly wedding card Birgit!! I love that gold glitter paper and it looks so elegant next to the white die cutting! And of course those purple flowers add that perfect little pop of color to make this a truly lovely, lovely card my friend!! :0)

Lisa Elton said...

Elegant indeed and I like the pop of purple!

Ann Greenspan's Crafts said...

What a great idea to use matte board under the oval -- that saves from using a lot of foam tape. Love the gold glitter paper and your white SW dies. How clever to use an ornament for a tag. You are always thinking outside the box. Lovely card, Birgit.

Conniecrafter said...

Just beautiful and very elegant, would make a wonderful 50th anniversary card also!

Donna Phelan said...

This IS so elegant! Love the gold glitter paper and those beautiful flowers! Great sentiment too! I agree with Connie!