Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Elizabeth Craft Designs July Designer Challenge

Good morning friends~  Elizabeth Craft Designs has a new challenge for you today and you get a real treat as we've combined the challenge using both the Die Cut Design Team and the Coloring Design Team.  Just think of the inspiration you'll find!

Today's challenge is:  Technique Friday with Els Inspiration - Every Friday Els inspires us with a new Technique Friday video to share all the wonderful ways to use ECD products. Take your inspiration to create your card for our challenge using one of these techniques. You can find a list of all the Technique Friday with Els videos here … Technique Friday with Els

I used the Jungle Cuties Spinner Card video but made mine using using Joset's sweet dolphin die.

Here's how I made my card:
I started by creating a cloudy background using a die cut cloud out of heavy cardstock and distress ink.
I cut 4 layers of waves using the wave die from Joset's Boat set and added color using Broken China Distress Oxide Ink.  I then adhered the top three layers together.

I adhered the largest wave onto the front of the cloud panel and cut the slider die out, setting the negative strip aside.

I then adhered foam tape to the back of the wavy panel as well as the cloud panel, making sure that there was enough space around the slider slot for the penny to glide smoothly.  

I cut the Dolphin out of white Soft Finish Cardstock and added color using Distress Inks.

I lined up the top panel with the card front and glued the negative piece from the slider on to the front of the card.

I then added a foam square to a penny, fit it into the slider and finished mounting the front panel to the card front.  I also stamped the sentiment from Ahoy Sentiments to the top left corner of the card front.

I adhered the dolphin to the top of the foam mounting square and and the waves to the front of the card.  I added the splashes of water to the front of the card as well to finish it off.
  
The dolphin looks like he's jumping out of the water.  A fun summer slider card! 

I hope you'll check out some of Els Technique Friday video's and the Elizabeth Craft Designs July Design Team Challenge and join in on the fun!

For today's challenge Elizabeth Craft Designs are giving away a $20 Gift Card to use on our website to 3 winners

To enter simply leave a comment on the Elizabeth Craft Designs Challenge post and tell us " "What your favorite technique learned from the Technique Friday With Els series". 

We will select 3 lucky winners in a random drawing. 

The winners will be announced on Friday, July 21 on the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog.

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Blessings~ Birgit

6 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

What a cool. cool card Birgit! I would love to see that dolphin moving on the slider in real life...what a FUN card!! Beautiful shading with your inks too! Well done my friend!! :0)

Lisa Elton said...

Playing catch up after vacation! SO many marvelous cards on you blog while I was away. Love the clouds you created on your background for this first card. The pretty little pink mugs look wonderful with the black and white striped and glittery papers!

Ann Greenspan's Crafts said...

I can see any child playing with this for a long time......it's just too cute. You always do such a great job with your clouds for your backgrounds. What a wonderfully playful card!

Marlene L said...

Fun card! Love the way the dolphin pops up through the waves.

Janice said...

A fantastic card Birgit, love your dolphin! You have created such a wonderful sea scene, thank you for your great tutorial.

Donna Phelan said...

Oh My...isn't he FUN! Such a fun 'spinner' card! Loving your waves too!