Thursday, July 13, 2017

Oceans Of Joy

Being at the ocean is just part of what makes summer wonderful!  I've got a quick and easy summer card for you today.

Here's a snapshot of the dies I used to make this card.

I started by creating a cloud background by cutting a Frantic Stamper Stitched Cloud Edger and using one as a stencil, along with some Tumbled Glass Distress Ink.  

Next I cut 4 panels of blue cardstocks in graduating colors using the Impression Obsession Ocean Border and layered them from lightest to darkest and then adhered them to the cloud background.  
I cut the front panel using an Elizabeth Craft Designs Stitched Rectangle.  I then heat embossed the sentiment from Elizabeth Craft Designs Ahoy Sentiments in white on the bottom wave.

I cut the Impression Obsession Patchwork Whale out of grey cardstock and assembled him using Glossy Accents.

 I nestled the whale between the two top waves using Glossy Accents to finish the card.


Here's a list of products I used that can be found at Dies R Us:
Impression Obsession - Dies - Patchwork WhaleFrantic Stamper - Dies - Stitched Cloud EdgersImpression Obsession - Dies - Ocean BorderElizabeth Craft Designs - Stitched Rectangles

I hope you're inspired by today's project.  Don't forget to join in on all the fun at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog.  There's a new challenge theme offered on the 1st and 15th of each month and one lucky randomly drawn winner will receive a gift voucher prize to the Dies R Us Store.  For your convenience, all the important Dies R Us links are provided below.

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Blessings~ Birgit

8 comments:

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,fabulous dies you have used.xxx

Ann Greenspan's Crafts said...

Such a cute card; love the whale and your clouds are always the best.

Marcia Hill said...

Your little whale is just too cute Birgit! I love how he's sitting amongst those gorgeous colored waves just having a great time and enjoying Summer! FABULOUS card my friend!! :0)

Janice said...

A fabulous sea scene Birgit! Your waves, and clouds are perfect together and the whale is just so cute!

Patti said...

Birgit! I really love what you did with those dies : ) I would never have thought to use that die for clouds and of course your water is perfect!! Super sweet card friend.

(((Hugs)))
Patti

Donna Phelan said...

Fantastic ocean scene....one I have seen many a time here off the coast of Cape Cod! You have put these dies together perfectly and magically! I adore this and the colors are spot on! So ocean-y! Love!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my goodness is he ever too cute, and I just love how you did the layer of waves different colors, I love how the water does that just like the sky!

Sharron said...

So cute! Your clouds look fantastic! How clever to use the die. And your waves are fabulous!