Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Backgrounds using Embossing Paste

I had an opportunity to get down and dirty with this weeks PTI challenge, to create a background using embossing paste. I've seen this done on so many people's blogs and love the results they achieve. What I discovered, is that this technique is so outside of my box!
This was my first time trying embossing paste. I'll confess that I've had a jar of it sitting in my craft cupboard for many, many months and have never used it! So, when I opened it up I felt like a kid getting ready to make mud pies. And that's exactly what I did! Let me explain... I don't have any re-inkers but I do have some Tim Holtz distress bottles with the sponge on top. You know, the kind you squeeze and a little bit comes out on your craft mat? Well, I squoze and squoze that bottle and no ink was dropping onto my craft mat. So I squoze harder and yep! The top popped right off the bottle spilling almost the entire bottle onto my craft mat and everywhere else! I was about ready to call it quits and skip the challenge but decided to give it one more try, this time being very careful how hard I squeezed the bottle.
Here's my completed card:

Not the best card on the block but it will have to suffice. I'm not so sure I'm going to jump back in to this technique any time soon. I might just keep admiring other peoples creations using embossing paste. Thanks so much for looking! Blessings~ Birgit

2 comments:

Linda said...

It turned out very cute. Sorry about all the mess that you had to deal with.

Nancy Penir said...

Birgit I saw your card in the lineup and had to come take a closer look.
The background is gorgeous! Cleaning up spilt ink must have been horrendous. So sorry. Almost worth it looking at the finished product!