Sunday, August 24, 2014

PTI ~ Ancient Rome

Ancient Rome with Lizzie was such a great learning experience for me! I had tried using embossing paste once and it ended in disaster and I had almost vowed to never use it again. Lizzie gave us a technique that gives the card base an appearance of plaster. I found that I absolutely love this technique and the look that it gives. Even though I copied her card almost to the "T", it is a technique that I really want to use again, and soon! Here are my cards:

The sentiment is from Boutique Borders ~ Father. The card definitely took on a manly look and now I'm ready for next year's Father's Day!

I found the little "S" tile image a bit hard to line up so I only did one row of stamping because I was afraid to ruin my hard work. I had already tossed one failed attempt and didn't want to risk the chance of another. I really enjoyed coloring on the faux plaster and love, love, love the texture!
Be back soon with the mosaic tile! Thanks for looking! Blessings~ Birgit

1 comment:

Lizzie Jones said...

Your cards turned out beautifully, Birgit! I love the shading on your sunflower. Thank you so much for playing along!