Tuesday, August 12, 2014

My Own Rendition

Good morning paper peeps! Anyone who visits my blog probably knows that I am a big, I mean B-I-G fan of Papertrey Ink products. They've recently started coming out with kits called "Make-it Market". I believe they're released monthly and are just filled with paper-playing, awesome goodness! I've yet to purchase a kit as they are a bit above my budget though I drool and ooh and aah at every release. Betsy Veldman is a paper crafting genius when it comes to putting these kits together. You can find her kits HERE on the PTI website.
At any rate, one of the kits that Betsy came out with was called Beautiful Brushstrokes. It is all about achieving a water color look using stamps. Let me add here that once the kits are sold, they're gone. And let me tell you, they sell out quick! So, I loved the inspiration from Betsy's Beautiful Brushstrokes kit and sat down one day to create my own version of some of her inspired cards from the kit. You can find all of her cards Here on her blog. I'm not claiming these designs as my own, they are complete copy cats of hers but I still wanted to share them with you so that if you are on a tight budget like me, you can see that you can still achieve similar looks using the supplies you already have. That being said, here's my cards.
This card was stamped in a water color fashion using Ruby Rose and Happiness In Bloom. The border was hand cut and a light watercolor wash was added to the background. I found a sheet of scrapbooking paper that had a bit of a watercolor look to it that coordinated perfectly, so you'll see that used in a couple of cards. A strip of washi tape was added to the bottom and since I didn't have any "Rainstones" that are included in the kit, I used clear Glossy Accents instead to create the look of dew drops.
Not bad, I think!
My next card was fun to create because I got to make my own stamped background paper. The kit comes with pre-printed papers that coordinate with everything in the set. The striped background paper is simply done using one of the brush strokes from Watercolor Wonder.
This card uses a set from Simon Says Stamp called "Favorite Flowers". A hand stamped border along the bottom with a strip of washi tape finish it off perfectly!
This is one of my favorite cards of the bunch! The base of the card is hand stamped using Watercolor Wonder. The roses are from a Mother's Day set from SSS. Washi tape, a button and string finish this card off.
This pretty card was made using the Daydreamer set from PTI. Here you can see the pre-printed scrapbooking paper I used. I sprayed a very light spray of homemade cherry glimmer mist to give it more interest. Some Glossy Accents dew drops finish this card off nicely.
This last card uses a set called Morning Glory from Sweet N' Sassy stamps that I colored using a water coloring technique. A piece of jute string adds a nice finishing touch!

So that's it for my Make-it Market "Beautiful Brushstrokes" inspired cards. See what you can find in your stash to create some pretty water colored cards today! Thanks for visiting! Blessings~ Birgit

No comments: