Monday, August 4, 2014

Creative Card Border

Happy Make-It-Monday, PTI friends! Danielle Flanders had a great tutorial on how to make a decorative die cut border without using traditional border dies. You can check out the details here. I originally wanted to use my favorite "Rosie Posie" set until I realized the dies weren't separated so I couldn't make the border I wanted. My second choice was to use "Sweet Life", another great set. Here's the card I made:

I dressed it up with some silvery ribbon and a silver card base. I'll probably use it as a wedding or anniversary card. Thanks so much for looking! Blessings~ Birgit

18 comments:

Nancy Penir said...

Love Sweet Life dies as a border! Beautiful the way you placed the leaves. gorgeous silver ribbon too!

Helen F. said...

Beautiful roses, Birgit. I am loving this stamp set ~ it makes a wonderful border!

Jenelle said...

Your card is so pretty! Very nice color choices and placement of the flowers and leaves.

Songbirdcards.blogspot.com said...

Very pretty!

PStanley said...

This is oh so pretty!

Marybeth said...

Beautiful MIM. card! Love this! Congrats on your FB shout out from Nichole.

heart said...

Lovely!

Marcia Hill said...

SO pretty! This will make a lovely wedding or anniversary card! :0) And it definitely made an impactful border...great job!

Kari D said...

JUST GORGEOUS! thanks so much for the great inspiration!

Linda said...

This is really beautiful. Your sweet life roses are gorgeous.

Bonnie said...

So pretty - this is one of my favorite sets and what an awesome Make it Monday challenge - don't you think?!

Michelle said...

So pretty..... love those beautiful roses!

Colleen said...

Absolutely STUNNING Birgit! so glad you went with Sweet Life! Your colors and the silver is perfect,..I can see this for a wedding card, or at least an anniversary!!

Nora Noll said...

How pretty!! I LOVE the colors you used and the stamps you chose. Such a beautiful card!!

Patti said...

Life is sweet and so is this set!! makes a perfect border!

Patti

Danielle Flanders said...

Sweet Life works gorgeously for this, LOVE your card!

Martha said...

OH, Birgit, this is simply BEAUTIFUL!
The colors are so pretty! Well done!

Petti said...

Gorgeous rose border!