Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Simon Says ~ Monday Challenge

Hello paper crafting friends~ Just popping in to post this card to the Simon Says Monday Challenge, Witch Kraft. Since I'm not a big fan of the Halloween part of fall, I opted to just go with the Kraft paper. You can never go wrong with Kraft! I love this stuff!!
Here's my card:

I started with a kraft cardstock base and cut the orange panel out of bazzil using MFT Blueprints #13. The banner was cut using MFT Fishtail Flag Stax, which I then stenciled the checked pattern onto using Tim Holt Black Soot. The black fancy swirl is MFT's Sentimental Flourish with a Hybrid Camellia Flower and leaves cut with PTI's Rosie Posie. The sentiment is an oldie from Primitive Blessings. I don't even think they sell stamps anymore. Some fall colored sequins finish it off. This card is making me feel a little more ready for cooler temps and fall colors.
Thanks so much for looking! Blessings~ Birgit

1 comment:

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

You combined so many wonderful elements here to create a gorgeous Autumn card! I really love the color palette and thought it was so clever of you to apply your own pattern to the fishtail flag. I love those bits of bling, too, and think the whole thing turned out beautifully! I also liked the stitching detail you added to the edges. It made me excited for crunching leaves and "sweater weather"! Thank you so much for sharing your talents with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!