Sunday, August 24, 2014

PTI ~ Renaissance

Spending time in the Renaissance era with Nicole put me out of my comfort zone but in a good way! Deep, rich colors, gold and velvet are so not me but when I saw her first card using an iron and velvet, I immediately saw a Christmas card, of all crazy things!

My first attempt with the iron, velvet and image from the SAF kit ended up in the trash as the image hadn't completely impressed itself to the velvet. When I tried lining it up and reheating it, it came out blurred and awful. I was going to pass on this challenge but decided I would give it another go using the snowflake image from Snowflake Medley. I was so happy to see that it worked on my first try! Here's a close up of the snowflake on velvet:

I think this Christmas card is pretty awesome! Thanks for looking! Blessings~ Birgit

1 comment:

Joanne said...

Love the use of gold surround, gorgeous