Monday, August 18, 2014

Using Negative Space

Hello PTI friends~ It's time for Make-it-Monday! I look forward to Monday's each week and this week Laurie Willison challenged us to use the negative space from a cover plate die. Great challenge and one I can do without getting too messy. I chose to use the Hexagon Cover Plate. I'm also entering my card into the Simon Says "Anything Goes challenge.
Here's my card:

I die cut the cover plate from Kraft, pink and cream colored cardstock and randomly attached them to my card. I then added some random polka dot pattern pieces using sweet blush and the little flower image from Happy Hexagons using aqua mist. I used the Everyday Treats to create the centerpiece and topped it with one of the free printables from PTI. Thanks so much for looking! Blessings~ Birgit

9 comments:

Nancy Penir said...

Such a pretty pastel card, Brigit. Love the random placement of your lovely hexagons. Beautiful center addition too!

Linda said...

Birgit, so pretty. Love the soft colors.

Mariana said...

I like the colors you used. Very pretty card

Jenelle said...

Pretty! I love the soft color combination.

Gwen said...

Love the colors & design! Still working on my project!

Heather said...

Hello! You left a comment in the classroom about the watercoloring from marker technique - I've added it to the post but thought I'd explain it here too. I simply color on an acrylic brush with my Distress Markers and then add water to them from a water brush. Then I just go to town painting. If you have anymore questions, you can always email me at camph27 at hotmail dot com. Beautiful card up above too.

Patti said...

Super sweet! I really love the colors you selected.

Patti

Unknown said...

Cool card! I love hexagons and PRICES has some awesome dies. Really nice placement of your elements. Very balanced and it's very elegant. I love it.

Emma Williams said...

A very pretty card, beautiful colours and so creative! Thank you for sharing your project and for joining us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! :)