Sunday, November 6, 2016

Cupcake Inspirations Challenge #383 ~ A Theme Challenge

Hello friends~  Can you believe it's time for another challenge over at Cupcake Inspirations?
This week is a theme challenge.  
Here's the sweet inspiration photo; the theme is TREE:

This week's sponsor is Paper Sweeties

and they're generously giving away a $25 store Gift Certificate so you'll definitely want to play along!!

Now on to this weeks card:
I cut a yellow gingham stitched rectangle using "MFT Blueprints #13".  I added a strip of aqua colored chevron paper cut using Lil' Inkers "Stitched Long & Skinny Rectangles" and adhered it in the center of the yellow gingham.  I then cut another stitched rectangle and added a bit of distress ink around the edges while it was still in the die, leaving the panel with a white border.  I stamped the tree and leaves from Simon Says Stamp "Giving Thanks" and I added some pretty lemon colored leaves for interest.  The sentiment is from PTI's "Phrases & Praises".  Two die cut button stacks finish this card off.
Be sure to visit all the fabulous designers to see how they've used these fun colors together!
Birgit ~ That's me!
Kamila

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I appreciate all your comments.  Blessings~ Birgit








9 comments:

Kajcyika said...

Oh, this is just amazing! The colors you chose are so bright - love it :)
Thank you for inviting me to be this weeks surprise sweetie :)

Unknown said...

Beautiful design I adore these colors together, so fresh and Spring like!

Ann Greenspan's Crafts said...

What a perfect interpretation of the inspiration.........colors and the tree. I like how you inked with the die still in to get the white frame look; I have to remind myself to do that. I'm assuming you inked the blue background before stamping the tree but how you achieved the yellow over the blue is a mystery. Wonderful effect!

Marcia Hill said...

Beautiful card Birgit! Anything with gingham always captures my attention, and then with the yellow and aqua colors you totally had me! Love your sentiment too! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! :0)

Indy's Designs said...

This card rocks this week's theme inspiration! I love how you pulled out the yellow...{sigh}. So pretty!
{hugs}
Debbie

Lisa said...

So beautiful! The colors are awesome and beautiful design!

Conniecrafter said...

very sweet and fresh design, love the papers and your little buttons to go with this great image!

EK Gorman said...

This is such a sweet design and I love the sentiment. Absolutely stunning work this week.

Jen Carter said...

This is gorgeous and it fits the Bible verse sentiment perfectly!