Saturday, November 26, 2016

Let's Eat Cake! ~ Dies R Us

Did you know that today, November 26th is National Cake Day? I tell ya, here in the United States we will celebrate anything!
In honor of this momentous occasion, I am posting this card I made using Impression Obsession Cake Die.

I started by stamping the paper streamers from PTI's Hooray! on the card front. I cut all the pieces of the Impression Obsession Cake out and colored them with Copics. I cut the Impression Obsession Ornate Oval Frame three times using silver and Kraft card stock and layered it up to give it dimension and added the cupcake to the center of the Kraft oval.

I added some printed paper strips to the left edge of the card and stamped the sentiment from MFT's LLD Delicious Birthday set on the outside strip. Adding the frame to the center of the card was the finishing step!


So whether you choose to buy a cake, bake a cake, eat a piece of cake or make a paper cake, enjoy National Cake Day!

Here's a list of supplies I used:

Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings~ Birgit

5 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE those streamers and that ornate oval--soooo elegant! Oh and that cake looks YUMMY too! Pretty colors and Designer Papers as well! I think we should all celebrate this today! ;)

Marcia Hill said...

Well who am I to argue with who makes up the holidays?!!! Let's eat CAKE!! Cute, cute card Birgit! Your cake looks yummy enough to eat (love the cherry on top!) and I really like the ornate frame around it...like the cake is something really important!! Love the colorful banners and side strips of DSP too! Well done my friend! :0)

Ann Greenspan's Crafts said...

Yummy card, Birgit. That slice of cake looks so real with it's wavy frosting edges. Love your color choices too.

Conniecrafter said...

Love the streamers for a birthday cake and the frame is just perfect with your cake, so pretty!

Lisa Elton said...

What a sweet festive card!! I like the fancy frame around your cake!