Thursday, November 3, 2016

What's On Your Door?

Good morning friends~  I made this card for the Merry Monday Christmas Challenge where the theme is:  "How will you decorate your door?"
Ice Skates!  I ashamedly admit that I have 5 pair of children's ice skates and three pair of adult ice skates that I decorate with each year.   The oldest pair of ice skates I have are from the early 1900's.  They are just steel blades that they strapped on to their boots with strips of leather laces.  
I used PTI's Bells & Boughs to create my mis-shaped wreath and added ice skates from My Creative Time's Winter Fun set.  The bow and sentiment is from Bell's & Boughs as well.  I added drops of Glossy Accents to the berries. 

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Blessings~ Birgit

15 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

Oh Birgit....I love your wreath with the skates and what a FUN way to decorate your front door! And your wreath looks just fine to me and beautifully colored too I might add! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Merry Monday!! :0)

Unknown said...

Beautiful wreath and love your skates! I have an old pair of my daughter's that I decorate with too....sooooo FUN! Merry Merry!

Birgit said...

This is so pretty. I love the ice skates and that you have an old pair is cool.

Karen L K said...

Nice! I like that you decorate with skates!

Kara Lynne said...

Lovely wreath! Those skates looks wonderful and so does that bow. I love the idea of decorating with skates!

Linda said...

Oh wow, Birgit. This is beautiful and so unique with the skates. Love it. Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday.

Bonnie said...

How special to have a collection of ice skates to decorate with at Christmas, Birgit! I think hanging skates on a wreath is a fantastic idea! Love these little skates too! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

Conniecrafter said...

Lovely wreath and so neat that you have so many skates you decorate with :)

Heather Hopson said...

Love your idea! What a beautiful card and would love to see your front door! Amazing!

Ann Greenspan's Crafts said...

What a lovely holiday card Birgit. Love the greenery, berries and your skates.

Rosemary said...

your wreath looks absolutely perfect to me!! and how fun that you decorate your home during the holiday with ice skates... love it!!

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

The addition of the ice skates on your wreath is fabulous! Thanks for playing Merry Monday!

Colleen said...

Birgit, those ice skates with the wreath is AWESOME!! Love how you nestled it in the center! gorgeous!! thank you for playing along at Merry Monday this week!

Fabiola said...

wow, c'est trop beau, magnifique décor, biz

Christine Alexander said...

gorgeous great idea to put the skates on the wreath. Love the card