Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Marcia's, Patti's and My Monthly Challenge

Hello friends~  It's the end of the month so that means it's time for our challenge between friends with Marcia, Patti and myself.  Patti is taking this month off since she's had such a busy and trying time and is hopefully healing well. I hope you'll pray along with Marcia and I for full recovery. So it's just me and my dear friend Marcia from Marcia's Stampin' Pad with you today to reveal our cards.  This month our challenge was to use PTI's Holiday Greens on our creations.
Here's my cards:
Card #1
I stamped a verse from A Thrill of Hope onto a piece of white card stock and drew an outline around the edge and added some greens and flowers.  A funny thing about these flowers, they're not supposed to be flowers.  They're pine cones!  I didn't realize they were pine cones until I finished making all my cards for this challenge.  Honestly, sometimes I think my brain has gone on permanent vacation!
Card #2
This card uses the pretty church from Winter Village to creat a little scene inside a stitched oval window.  Embellished again, with the "flower" pine cone, holly leaves and pine sprigs.  
Card #3
This card is pretty straight forward using the Holiday Greens.  I simply added a layered button using  Button Stacks

Card #4
Another card using Winter Village with snow stickles on the rooftop.  I heat embossed the sentiment from A Thrill of Hope in gold.  

Be sure to visit Marcia's Blog to see her fabulous cards.  She always blows me away with her talent!  Thanks so much for stopping by!  Blessings~ Birgit

11 comments:

Ann Greenspan's Crafts said...

Beautiful cards, Birgit. Especially like the church ones. The pinecones do look like flowers so your pinks and reds look even more holiday-like.

Unknown said...

Oh of course you could not make just one card! lol I don't know how you do it! These are glorious, every stamp, every sentiment, every little bit of greenery! All fabulous! Stunning! Hope your friend Patti is doing well too! xo~

Marcia Hill said...

Beautiful, beautiful cards Birgit! And I love your "pinecone flowers" in each card!! (They really do look like flowers when you stamp them in colors...thanks for the tip!!) I love the verse you used in your first card and how you simply decorated around it...lovely card! Really like your church cards too...I'm kind of kicking myself for not getting that set now!! And your thank you card reminds me that I never use those button stack dies and I NEED too...they add such a wonderful touch to your card! Well done on ALL the cards my friend, and once again, thanks so much for playing along with me each month...I LOVE these challenges!! :0)

Marybeth said...

Gorgeous cards and I mean gorgeous! Love the card with the sweet scene in the oval! Just like out of a storybook! Beautiful work Birgit! God bless!

Nicole Parmentier said...

Beautiful!!!

Lisa Elton said...

Haha, I didn't realize they were pine cones either until I redd your post!! I just thought your stamped a pretty flower, works for me!! Seriously though, the clusters of prettiness you've added to the corners looks wonderful. These are all fabulous Birgit!

Nancy Penir said...

Your cards are simply stunning! All of them! The oval window card is like a look into Christmas past and the sweet reminder of what it truly means. Your colors and die choices are wonderful, Brigit! I love that set. And love it even more after seeing your creations! Hugs!!!

Sharron said...

Gorgeous cards, Birgit! Love the Winter Village scene! And maybe it's just me but I think the pinecone images make better flowers!

Linda said...

Beautiful cards and I think they are flowers too. Don't look like pinecones to me. Lol.

Conniecrafter said...

These are wonderful, I love the first one the most, the oval with the scene inside with your arrangement off to the side, terrific layout.... I am with you, I thought it was a flower until you said otherwise, so it can go either way I guess depending on the colors you use. Love the touch of sparkle snow on the last one also!

Colleen said...

I am so playing catch up, don't know where the days are going, but I didn't want to miss your challenge with Marcia and I am so glad that you used this stamp set because I have it and it has not seen much ink, and funny thing, I thought those 'pinecones' were flowers too...my brain must be right there with yours!! you have really inspired me, I really want to get inky with the stamps you used...like the winter village, used it once...and I LOVE your scene with the church and the oval cut out. Gorgeous, Birgit!!