Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Dies R Us ~ Holly Jolly Christmas Button Card

Good morning friends.  I love looking at vintage button cards on Pinterest and I equally enjoy making my own button cards.  (See this post HERE) Today's card uses Poppystamps Frosty Snowflake Buttons, however there are so many wonderful BUTTON DIES is the store, the possibilities for cards and projects are endless!  They are ALL are oh, so adorable!!

I started by cutting the snowflakes and Poppystamps Stitched Holly Leaves and Berries out of white and aqua mist colored card stock.
I cut some Poppystamps Main Street Pinpoint Tags out in various sizes and colors of card stock.  I often do this when I don't know exactly how my project is going to play out.  This gives me options to play around with.  Whatever I don't use, I use on future projects.  
I layered the snowflake buttons and attached them to the smaller white Main Street Pinpoint tag to create the button card.  Some PTI  button stamps were used to create the button tag as well.  


I added the holly leaves and berries to the sentiment banner at the top and some bakers twine to finish this off.








Here's a list of all the dies I used that can be found at Dies R Us:
 Poppystamps Pinpoint Main Street Tags  


Be sure to stop by the Dies R Us Inspiration Blog daily for fresh new ideas and inspiration!


Join in on the challenges 
at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog and you could be their next winner!

Follow Dies R Us!
    click below for:
    STORE
    CHALLENGE BLOG
    FACEBOOK
    INSPIRATION BLOG


    I'll also be adding this card to the following challenges:
    4 Crafty Chicks ~ Vintage
    Word Art Wednesday ~ Anything Goes
    25 Days of Christmas Tags ~ Inspired by Jill Dewey Hawkins, Day 11 tag with the snowflakes


    Thanks so much for stopping by!  Blessings~ Birgit

    12 comments:

    Unknown said...

    Loving the Tag shape and the pretty plaid paper and all of those gorgeous snowflakes! Fantastic Holiday card!!!

    Janice said...
    This comment has been removed by the author.
    Janice said...

    Your card is beautiful Birgit....I've not heard of button cards before, which is strange since I spend far too long on Pinterest! Love the colour combination you have chosen, and the snowflakes and tag are just gorgeous, as I'd the white holly and berries!

    Ann Greenspan's Crafts said...

    Once again your color choices are perfect. The centers of the snowflakes actually look like real buttons. Great card Birgit.

    Marcia Hill said...

    This card is oh so cute and oh so you Birgit! I love the colors and the plaid, and of course those fabulous little snowflake buttons! Well done my friend!! :0)

    Conniecrafter said...

    That is just the sweetest, love the plaid with them and all the stitched dies with the buttons is a great idea!

    Esther Asbury said...

    Snowflake buttons -- how fun!

    Michele K. Henderson said...

    These are very unique Christmas colors and they look beautiful! What a fun idea!
    Take Care!
    Michele

    Skrater said...

    This is beautiful!

    I Card Everyone said...

    SNOWFLAKE BUTTONS?! OH so darling, Birgit! LOve the plaid, too! [and, of course, those darling tags!!! I can't wait to use mine!] xx
    =]

    Joyce said...

    This card is fantastic. Those buttons are amazing, and I really love your pastel color scheme.

    Patti said...

    Hello friend : ) Your card is delightful!! I love the colors you selected! and I always LOVE buttons!!

    Please stop by my blog when you can I have a little surprise for you!

    (((Hugs)))
    Patti