Saturday, November 5, 2016

Dies R Us ~ Thankful

Good morning ~  I'm up over at the Dies R Us Inspiration blog today.  
Tis the season for giving thanks.  I try to remember that I should always have a thankful heart and count my blessings every day!
I started by embossing the Frantic Stamper Double Diamond Die instead of die cutting it, onto an aqua mist colored card base.
I cut the Cheery Lynn Wheat Heads out three times using both smokey grey and cream colored card stock.  I also cut the Impression Obsession Thankful die out three times using the same cream colored card stock.  You can also see in the photo that I die cut a frame using Impression Obsession Rectangle Frames but after playing around with my design, I decided not to use it.
I layered the cream colored wheat heads onto the smokey grey allowing the black to make a shadow.  I then blended some distress ink to the bottom of one of the thankful dies, creating an ombre look.  After stacking the three dies together, I added a thick coating of Glossy Accents.  

The Memory Box Stitched Bow was cut using some pretty fall colored plaid paper and made the perfect finishing touch on the CAS card.

Here's a list of all the dies I used that can be found at Dies R Us:


Be sure to stop by the Dies R Us Inspiration Blog daily for fresh new ideas and inspiration!


Join in on the challenges 
at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog and you could be their next winner!

Follow Dies R Us!
    Thanks so much for stopping by!  Blessings~ Birgit





    5 comments:

    Janice said...

    stunning card Birgit! The wheat heads and bow look fabulous against the beautifully embossed background. Thank you for the details of how you made the sentiment, I will certainly give this a try.

    Marcia Hill said...

    This is GORGEOUS Birgit! I love everything from the beautiful embossed background and FABULOUS glossy accented "thankful" die cut to those wonderful wheat heads and perfect plaid bow! WOW...you knocked it out of the park with this lovely, lovely card!! Have a great weekend my friend!! :0)

    Ann Greenspan's Crafts said...

    Birgit, the colors you used on this card are stunning. I love the plaid bow and how the colors tie the card together. You always put so much time into your cards and it shows. The ombre inking on the Thankful and then covering it with glossy accents; that alone takes a day to dry. A beautiful card that catches the eye!

    Unknown said...

    Ooooh love that plaid, the texture the wheat heads, the thankful....this is FANTASTIC! Such a pretty blue too!

    Conniecrafter said...

    Wow that is totally Gorgeous, love the ombre effect on the sentiment and the layering of the wheat is such a pretty look too! I always forget to use my background dies for just embossing, thanks for the reminder!