Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Vintage Christmas

Good morning friends~ I've got a card to go along with a challenge at 52 (Christmas) Card Throwdown where the theme is:

When I fist saw this set "Kitsch Christmas" from Avery Elle, I fell completely head over heels in love with it.  These deer are so darling and are totally vintage!


I heat embossed the star snowflakes from the set in white on a white background and then added distress inks in Antique paper, Tattered Rose and Abandoned coral.  I flicked the panels with a bit of water and then sprayed the entire panel with a white shimmer spray that I made myself.

The deer are colored using copics with white gel pen details.  I added a thick coating of Glossy Accents to the big red bow.

The sentiments included in the set have a wonderfully vintage font as well.  These cards have lots of shine.  I hope I captured the look of vintage with these two cards.
I'll also be adding one of these cards to the following challenges:
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge ~ Christmas Critters
Word Art Wednesday ~ Anything Goes
Tic Tag Toe Challenge ~ Scene, Dimension & Texture

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Blessings~ Birgit

16 comments:

Unknown said...

These. Are. Gorgeous. That is all! ;)

Rachel Bergfeld said...

Love these sweet little deer! Gorgeous scene! Thanks for joining us at the Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge!

Deborah Frings said...

They are both absolutely adorable! I do think the deer are really cute. Love the inked background too! Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week! Deborah, DT.

Birgit said...

I love it! So cute and love the background!!

Karen L K said...

So cute & you definitely got the retro look on your card.

Lisa Elton said...

I am SO smitten with this card!! Those little reindeer are as sweet as they can be!!

Nancy Penir said...

Oh Brigit, you made these sweet deer shine, literally! And vintage to the max! Which means I adore this scene! You captured vintage, and gave it new love! Thanks for the heads up about the blog!

Paper Lily Leaf said...

Very cute deer and I love your gorgeous inked background! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT, April x

Marcia Hill said...

Awwwwww...definitely vintage and oh SO cute Birgit! I can see why you HAD to have this set...those deer just melt my heart! Love all the beautiful detail and all the shimmer too...you photographed it just perfectly! Love, love, LOVE this!! :0)

Ann Greenspan's Crafts said...

You definitely captured the vintage look, Birgit. I had to read the post to find out this was a stamp and not a digital image -- your coloring is that perfect. Love the shine on your bow and the background. You put a lot of effort into these beautiful cards and it shows. Happy Thanksgiving!

jenn shurkus said...

the shimmer on this is just FABULOUS!!! love it :) thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

Caryn said...

Brigit - I LOVE what you've done with this set (which I designed by the way :) The glossy accents on the bow really adds some WOW! Thanks for sharing your fabulous card with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Linda said...

Oh my gosh, Birgit, this card is just too adorable. I love every vintage piece of it. So stunning. Sorry, it's been awhile since I have made comments. Just trying to catch up.

Conniecrafter said...

oh they are so adorable, reminds me of bambi, love the snowy background and your coloring of it with the distress inks!

Nora Noll said...

These are TOO CUTE!! LOVE the little deer and your fun use of color. Thank you for playing with us at Stamping Smiles Designs Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge!!

I Card Everyone said...

So happy to say congratulations, Birgit!!! Your card is just darling!!!
=]