Monday, December 30, 2013

Playing with MFT Plaid Background Builder

Hello and happy last Monday of 2013! Now that Christmas is over and the house is cleaned and put back in order, I've been having fun in my craft room playing with some new stamp sets that I got. One of the sets is the Plaid Background Builder set from My Favorite Things. Quite often, I can't find just the right background paper to use that will coordinate with my inks that I'm stamping with so this is the perfect background set for that! Now, I will always have the right colors to match with my projects. I'm still working on technique here, as I have a hard time lining things up straight with my poor eyesight but here's a couple of cards that I made using this set.
On this card I used PTI flower images and sentiment. The wonderful plaid is made using of course, MFT Plaid Background Builder set. I recently saw on Nichole Heady's blog how Melissa Phillips did a two toned flower technique and thought I'd give it a try.
On this next card I used the MFT Plaid Background Builder to create yet, another lovely plaid background. The flowers are one of the Flower Fusion sets from PTI. The little booties are from Sweet N' Sassy Stamps and I popped them up using dimensional dots. I've really been enjoying this new set! Thanks so much for visiting! Blessings to you for a healthy and Happy New Year! ~ Birgit

No comments: