Tuesday, March 25, 2014

DIY Cover Plate

Hello friends~ Here's a card I made for the PTI Make it Monday Challenge to make a cover plate using a die / dies and the Blog Hop "High Gloss".

I used my new set Embellished Elegance. There's so much to enjoy with that set but I focused on the little tulip style flower and die cut. I stamped the images alternately in Berry Sorbet and Lemon Tart. I messed up royally on the heat embossed sentiment at the bottom. The first stamp didn't cover well when I poured the embossing powder on and embossed it so I tried stamping it again, and got it mis~aligned. Aaargh! I'm still entering it into the challenge though. Thanks for looking! Blessings~ Birgit

7 comments:

BethieJ said...

FANTASTIC Card!! Love the color combo!!!
Happy Hopping!
Have a GREAT day!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty! I love the colors, too!

-Debbie

Diane Jaquay said...

Lovely card!

Joni Andaya said...

What a lovely card Birgit :)

Kristii said...

What a pretty card! Love the soft colors and the scalloped edge!!

Kay D said...

I love how you used Embellished Elegance as your cover plate- great card!

Patti said...

You did good!! ; ) I just love this card ; )

I also love your blog name and tag line. I'm with you - I too am crafting while I wait on the Lord. I hope He comes for us soon!!