Sunday, December 7, 2014

Christmas Bird Tag

I made this tag using inspiration from Julia Stanton (Day 5) of the 12 Tags of Christmas with a feminine twist. I've been checking The Classroom daily to see the new tag creations by their fabulous designers. I was so inspired by Julia's rustic sled tag because I love old wood surfaces.

As you can see, I didn't put runners on my tag to make it look like a sled, and I changed up the embellishments to a bird because I'll be using this as a tag for a bird themed gift (which hopefully I'll post later if I remember to take pictures). Mine is much more simple, but you really must check out Julia's awesome tag as well as all the others!
I'm also entering this tag into the Simon Says Monday Challenge,
Word Art Wednesday Challenge,
Merry Monday Christmas Challenge, and the
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge.
Thanks for looking! Have a blessed day! Birgit

8 comments:

Lin said...

Absolutely wonderful, Birgit! Love your take on Julia's idea, and that glittery blue bird is perfection! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Bonnie said...

Love the rustic woodtone background and the pretty blue bird! What a great tag! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

Unknown said...

Oh WOW! This wooden look for a sled is really authentic, I really like it. What a lovely work of art. Thank you for playing along with us this week at Word Art Wednesday. Advent Blessings, Carole

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Wow - the tag background looks so real! Beautiful design! Thanks so much for playing with us at Merry Monday this week!

SmilynStef said...

Your woodgrain is fabulous ... awesome creation.

Michelle said...

Wonderful! It does indeed, remind me of a sled. The woodgrain is fabulous. Thank you for sharing your holiday fun with us for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. ~Michelle
http://www.michellezerull.blogspot.com

Monika/Buzsy said...

Oh, how pretty. Love the rustic sled. The blue sparkly bird looks amazing on the wreath. I really want to make a sled tag myself. :)

Unknown said...

Stunning! I love how much depth and dimension your woodgrain has!