Friday, November 6, 2015

Fabric Strip Christmas Tree ~ PTI MIM

Happy Friday everyone! I finally found time to get crafty and try Melissa Phillips super cute MIM project. You can find all the details on Nichole's blog.

After seeing Jill's tree in a spool, it inspired me to put mine in this old wooden shoe mold that I have.

The rusty bells are really tiny but I thought they would be really cute on this along with a couple of old buttons.

I die cut two primitive style stars in and distressed the edges a bit and added some gold glitter around the edges and put them back to back on the top of the tree.

So there you have it! My primitive little shoe tree! Thanks Melissa for the sweet inspiration!

Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings~ Birgit

9 comments:

Jeni Jenne said...

So sweet! Love the rustic fabrics. I am wanting to get some rusty jingle bells off of Etsy;)

Marcia Hill said...

LOVE this Birgit!! How clever to put your tree in a wooden shoe...it looks absolutely perfect there!! And I love all the fabrics you used on your tree...very vintage and old world charm definitely showing here! You nailed this challenge and I bet Melissa is SO impressed! :0)

Birgit said...

Now that's inventive:) I like it and I think "Dutch" for some reason-probably the shoe:) I love the fabric pieced all together with the cute bells

Mona Pendleton said...

So beautiful Birgit! Love your choice of fabrics and the cute little jingle bells!

Jill Norwood said...

Birgit your shoe tree is adorable! Thanks for the shout out too! And I love your rusty jingle bells, awesome star and sweet mix of fabrics and buttons. Aren't these little trees just so fun to make!?! :) Jill

Helen F. said...

Very creative, Birgit! Love the wooden shoe tree holder and all the pretty fabrics :-)

The Paper Toile said...

Love the little wooden shoe and your choice of fabrics. So cute!

The Paper Toile said...

Love the little wooden shoe and your choice of fabrics. So cute!

Kathy Mc said...

Great job on your fabric tree, Birgit. Your wooden shoe makes the perfect tree stand. I didn't even attempt that challenge...no interest in buying fabric scraps. Sure saw some cute ones on the site, and Melissa's was typical of her style.