Thursday, March 31, 2016

Pinterest Inspired Challenge with Marcia

It's the end of the month, that means it's time for Marcia's and my challenge posts! This month we turned to Pinterest for our inspiration, where we each choose photo's that inspire us to make a card. Here's mine:
From my "Green With Envy" board:

My card:

I started with a stitched panel cut using MFT's Blueprints #13 using white cardstock. I die cut the scale, bowl and fruit using PTI's Bowl Of Sunshine. I added a banner cut from Blueprints #27 and added some button stacks. The sentiment is from Topiary Trio from PTI.

My next card is inspired by a photo on my "Happy Mail" board:

My card:

I cut a panel of watercolor cardstock using Blueprints #13 and watercolored some background colors using Zig Clean Brush Pens. I then used the same colors and added polka dots using a Heidi Swapp stencil. After it was dry, I stamped some larger polka dots over the smaller ones, randomly. I then stamped the stitched wavy lines in black using SSS Card Making Friends. The flowers from MFT's Sketched Blooms were also stamped in black. I then die cut and stamped the little bird, envelope and music notes using My Creative Time's Tweet Me set and colored them with copics. The sentiment is also from MCT and is heat embossed in white onto a strip of black cardstock.


My last two cards are inspired from my "Color Makes Me Happy" board using this photo:


Here's my cards:


I made two cards because I started by stamping a whole piece of A2 sized cardstock using the flowers from PTI"s One Big Happy. I cut it into three strips so I still have one to play with for later on. I cut and stamped tea cups using PTI"s Tea For Two Additions. The top card uses the Stitched Daisy from My Creative Time and the bottom card uses the Gerbera Daisy from MFT.

Be sure to stop by Marcia's Blog to see her inspiration and cards.
Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings~ Birgit

4 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

Oh my Birgit...you totally rocked this challenge!! Totally love your "Blue Ribbon" on you Green With Envy card...wonderful card! And your Happy Mail card is probably my favorite...because it makes me smile just looking at it! All those happy colors, polka dots, cute birdie, water coloring,...what's not to love about that card?!!! And the color combo from your Color Me Happy inspiration makes me happy too! Both of those cards are just delightful! Lovely, lovely cards Birgit! Thanks so much for continuing to play along in these challenges with me...absolutely the best part of the month my friend!! :0)

Patti said...

Amazing!! what a fun challenge you and Marcia have! : ) These cards are over the top great!! I especially am wowed by the almost EXACT rendition of your cards to match the photo inspiration of your last two cards!! Right down to the perfect Daisy you really out did yourself Birgit : )

Patti

Joyce said...

What a fun challenge you and Marcia have. Your cards are really amazing, and you have taken such wonderful inspiration from your pins. I find cards from inspiration photos to be the very hardest cards for me to make.

Linda said...

Wow, Birgit, how have I missed so many new posts. All of your cards are so beautiful.