Friday, March 31, 2017

12 Kits of Occasion ~ March

Can you believe that March is over already?  That means it's time for the 12 Kits of Occasion gals to post their amazing cards!  

This month's hostess was the incredibly talented Jeanne Jachna of A Kept Life

 Her kit really was "Out Of This World"!  I had so much fun creating with this kit!  Everything she included was new to me so it was incredibly fun stepping outside of my creative box.  Thank you so much Jeanne!!!

This was the first card I made.  I blended on lots of color and then went over it all with black distress ink to create a galactic night sky.  I spritzed it with a bit of water for more interest.  Aren't these rockets darling!  I'm so glad Jeanne put two of them in our kits.  ;0)

Jeanne included this wonderful stitched swirl panel of water color card stock and I was afraid I had ruined it by spritzing on three colors of Heidi Swapp Shimmer Mist.  It looked muddy at first but once it dried, it didn't look too terrible so I kept moving forward.  This rocket looks out of this world with those stunning swirly rhinestones that were included in the kit. 

Jeanne had this wonderful sentiment in the kit that really stumped me until I thought about making it look like it was painted on a fence.  I stamped a wood grain background and cut each board out using an MFT die.  I staggered the sizes of the boards to create this fence.  The moon and stars were included in the kit but the kitty is from my stash.

Jeanne also included all these wonderful patterned papers in the kit.  I printed a picture of the moon on my printer and cut it in half to use on this card and one you'll see further down.  

This card is my favorite!  I just love the colors, clouds and sweet patterned paper.  I cut the 3-2-1 blast-off sentiment out using a cloud die from Memory Box.

Jeanne thinks of everything!  She even included these little wiggle eyes that I used on two of the aliens in the kit.  Talk about CUTE!!

Here's the other half of that printed moon.  Isn't this little astronaut darling??

Here's my last card.  Can you see where I messed up?  I heat embossed the "Have A" and "Birthday" but I smudged the "have a" before it had a chance to cool off.  WHOOPS!  That's ok because once you open the card, you'll completely forget about the mistake.
Here's the inside of the card.  I made it a pop-up using all these fun little planets and aliens that were included in the kit.


A close up of all the dimension.

I'm so happy that you stopped by to see my cards using Jeanne's fun kit.  Be sure to visit the 12 Kits of Occasion blog to see how my talented teamies and Jeanne's 4 guest designers used their kits.  

I'll also be adding one of these cards to the following challenges:
Time Out Challenge ~ Inspired by Words ~ 'When it rains look for rainbows, when its dark look for stars'
Simon Says Wednesday ~ Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday ~ Anything Goes
4 Crafty Chicks ~ Anything Goes
Double D Challenges ~ Things That Fly

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Blessings~ Birgit

29 comments:

Unknown said...

OMGoodness! So many wonderful creations! You really make these Kits look like so much FUN! I love your out of the world theme. That fence with the sentiment is fabulous! And of course your Pop Up Card, I always love when you make them! A BIG Happy 50th to your Hubby, I hope his celebration is out of this world! Have a happy day! xo~

Darlene said...

WOW you've been busy ... these are so much fun! I too LOVE the fence idea ... great job! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Things that Fly’ challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

Marcia Hill said...

Oh my...you've once again rocked this challenge Birgit! Your cards are just out of this world!! (sorry...I couldn't resist!!) But seriously, they really are fabulous and FUN!! And of course my favorite is the pop up card...once again I'm totally amazed at how you do that! Cute, cute cards my friend!! :0)

Betty said...

what a wonderful array of cards, Birgit - love the sky backgrounds you created and all those cute spaceships!

Nancy Penir said...

Brigit, my jaw is on the floor... applause, applause!!! 1st off the fence idea was brilliant. And each card a treat to study and enjoy. But the last is a big favorite... love the pop-ups! Going back to see it all again! Hugs!!!

Unknown said...

Oh my stars! (HA...could not resist!) Your inking on the first card is amazing...with the placement, it looks like they're shooting stars! And those pop-ups?? To die for! I've never made a pop-up card and you've totally inspired me to do so...Wonderful creations!

Unknown said...

I left out the fence card! Insane genius on that one! <3<3

Inkyfingers said...

What a fun collection Birgit and the pop up card is stunning!

Janis said...

Totally in AWE of your marvelous creations!!! You are sooooooooo creative and talented. Each of these are just spectacular...but I am esp loving that you included a kitty on one of them. Purr... Fabulous work on every single one of them!!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

sandie said...

Super set of my space cards and I love the one you entered into To, Great to see you got so much of our phrase into the card. Thanks for joining Time Our

Lindsey said...

Okay, I'm completely blown away! You made a plethora of incredible cards! The trio of aliens, the cool backgrounds, your sentiment fence, and pop up cards are all standouts for me, but I am for sure revisiting for inspiration to use the rest of my unused goodies. You are amazing!

Jeanne J. said...

OMG! That pop up just steals the show Birgit! I love all the clever things you did.. the "love you to the moon" made into a fence and eek! even a little kitty sitting on the fence! So clever!! Each little scene is amazing and your coloring is beautiful!

Cat Craig said...

Wow fabulous cards from the kit.

Marybeth said...

Brigit... your fence is amazing and I wasn't sure how you did that at first! Love that idea and all your amazing cards! Wow you sure created some beautiful space backgrounds and I so love your fun pop up card! What a fun kit, right!

Darnell said...

I love what you did with this awesome kit, Birgit! You've rocked the challenges, too!! That last card is a keepsake!! Hugs, Darnell

Conniecrafter said...

You did an absolutely fabulous job with this whole kit, you are so ready for a lot of kids birthday's and I love your creative idea's, especially the one with the fence and cat that is such a great idea!!

Kim Heggins said...

So many wonderful and amazing cards! My favorite your love you to the moon, your fence is as adorable as it gets! And what a sweet pop up card, so clever and so much fun.

Janice said...

Wow....your cards are just fabulous Birgit! You have so many wonderful ideas, the kit was perfect for you to use! :-)
I too love the sentiment stamped on the fence and of course your super pop-up card!

Karen said...

That pop-up card is "out of this world!!!"

Sharron said...

Goodness, Birgit, where to start! Your cards are just 'out of this world' amazing! I was so glad to hear how you created the fence. That is such an awesome design! But love every one of your designs, fantastic backgrounds and coloring--so many ideas and lots of inspiration!!

richardbreaks said...

Birgit, these are FABULOUS. Your backgrounds are so wonderful, and that pop up card is TERRIFIC. You used all those beautiful papers so well. Great job!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my word! You made so many amazing and varied cards with your kit! What a treat! I do love all the backgrounds, and your fence is a completely brilliant idea! Your pop-up card is a WOW! I, too, am especially fond of the aqua-colored card with its cute papers and die cuts. What great sentiments to go with all these fun images, too. Love that "Mission Control, we have a birthday". Every card is special. You've blown me away completely. I'm so glad you shared with us at Double D!

Tracey McNeely said...

Birgit all of your cards are so amazing! I love all your backgrounds, the fun shapes you used to cut your sentiments and the cut images. Love you to the moon is the sweetest and your pop up card is fantastic, on my list of things to try. You made so many cards, I love having you on the team my friend!

Lisa Elton said...

I have one word for you regarding what you've done with the month's kit...BRAVO!!!!! Awesome backgrounds, clever designs and oodles of fun. I am over the moon (no pun intended LOL) for your cat on the fence card ~ LOVE!!!

Joyce said...

Wow, Birgit. What an amazing assortment of cards. Each one clever and spectacular. You really made some 'out of this world' creations with Jeanne's kit. I am smitten with your sentiment on fence card, and so happy that you played along with Time Out with that card. Thanks so much.

Nance said...

Birgit, two fabulous cards! The last one is my fave with the popup inside! Thanks for playing with us at 4 Crafty Chicks in our Crazy Egg Challenge!

Melissa Bove said...

Wow! What fabulous cards!! Great designs!! Your backgrounds are amazing!!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

Gerrina said...

What a treat to come here and find so many beautiful and fun cards! Love the fence and the beautiful starsky for your TIME OUT entry! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!

ElizStewart said...

I thought I was coming over to comment on your amazing TIME OUT submission... I found not only one but a bevy of truly amazing cards! You had quite a crafting day!