Monday, March 19, 2018

My BIG ~ Memorable Adventure

I'm jumping on the bandwagon and joining my friends to post pictures and projects from my trip to The Craft House in Newton, Kansas.

If you want to visit a place that is bright and cheery and so inpirational, then check out the pictures of this beautifully restored Victorian home here.

Colleen, Linda, Nancy, Kara & Marcia have all been my blogging buddies for the past several years now and we finally had the chance to meet and spend a weekend together.


I love that we all had so much more than stamping in common.  We shared stories, joys and life struggles just like close sisters would.  

I have to say that I am forever blessed by these gals friendships and even more, the gift of getting to meet each one in real life.  They are my sisters at heart. 
Our first morning after coffee and breakfast, we learned some coloring techniques from a master coloring artist, Kara Lynn.


Here's my finished card:
I still can't believe I colored that!  

 Nancy brought her Finetic Pearl Colors.  These are so pretty used on dark cardstock.  Just look at the shimmer!

I loved this Blooms Fill-In from Concord & 9th.  Oh, the color possibilites!  And they just came out with a new one using Posie's.  Sweet!

Another "Kara" inspired card using PTI's Brushed Birds and Distress Oxide Inks.


I had the best time at the Craft House meeting all these wonderful gals.  Thanks so much to Meg, the owner of the Craft House for making this beautiful old house available to crafty groups like ours and for making it so bright and inspirational.  



Thanks for stopping by!


14 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

Wonderful post my friend and oh how I love looking at all the pictures of us...such a wonderful reminder of the FABULOUS time we had together! Definitely more than just crafting friends...truly sisters of the heart! And all your cards came out just beautifully! Makes me smile just remembering spending the time together to start them. Lovely, lovely post my friend!! :0)

Colleen said...

Birgit (I am now saying it correctly in my mind as I type this!! * wink) Oh I love what you wrote and I have a feeling we all feel exactly the same way: Sisters at Heart and in so many other ways that really count (like soul sisters)! Your cards are gorgeous, love the birds and how they turned out using the distress oxide inks! So glad you shared what you made using the gifts from each gal! Wonderful projects, Birgit and thank you for making this dream come true! We are bonded for life and I look forward to the next gathering of the sisters of the heart! Heart Hugs, Col

Kara Lynne said...

This is such a wonderful post, Birgit! Well said and so true! I love how even our van got in the picture - ha! I just kept saying, "We'll get there." So many memories, and thank you for all you did to make it happen!

Tracey McNeely said...

So many pretty cards and fabulous photos! I am so glad that you got to experience the Craft House! I have so many wonderful memories there! I wish I had stowed away under the bed so I could have surprised you all the weekend after I was there!

MaryH said...

Hi Birgit, I just became your newest follower after enjoying Kara's post of your fun group gathering and the beautiful cards she had shared from the visit. I'm liking the ones you shared just as much, and your coloring of the little teddy was wonderful (I do best with copics too...These posts reminded me I have some Finetec gold that I should get out and use!) SO glad you ladies had a chance to meet in such beautiful surroundings and enjoy some crafty fellowship at the same time. It just doesn't get any better than that!TFS

Sharron said...

So happy to see this wonderful pictures. All your cards look amazing! Thanks for letting me drop by on Sunday. Getting to meet everyone was such a treat. There is something very special about meeting crafting friends in person.

Donna Phelan said...

WOW! So much FUN and talent al in one place! Such a wonderful trip for you all! The cards and your coloring is AMAZING! Happy Happy Joy Joy!

Ann Greenspan's Crafts said...

Your coloring of the bear card is amazing, Birgit. I'm glad you had fun and beat the tornado season.

Linda said...

Birgit, what a lovely post and I love how you finished off your projects. It's making me miss you all so much. It was such a fun, fantastic weekend and I will cherish the time we spent together. It always amazes me that blogging friends can turn out to be friends that you feel like you have known all of your life. Miss You....

Conniecrafter said...

Oh it looks like a nice house to create in and such a great selection of cards you all made, the coloring of the bear is just amazing and those pearl colors are lovely against the black background, neat layering of the stamping background , beautiful colors in the birds, sweet Easter card and lovely rainbow butterflies

lexi said...

love this so much!!

Lisa Elton said...

Look how cute you all are! So happy you all had a chance to spend this time together. All of your cards are fantastic!

Stephanie Clapper said...

Hi Birgit! I was touched by the heartwarming story you shared with Papertrey and how you and your crafting buddy's have become "sisters". I'm truly happy for you all and I can't imagine a more valued friendship, than sharing your crafting passions and encouraging each other along the way. Thank you so much for sharing your story and the beautiful projects you learned from each other. It's a real inspiration! :)

Helen F. said...

Birgit, it looks like a fabulous time with this group of amazing women! So happy for all of you to be able to get together in Kansas for this crafty retreat! LOVE your beautiful projects too! {{{Hugs}}}