Thursday, July 11, 2019

Good Morning Glories!

Good morning friends~  Are you enjoying your summer?  The weather here on the east coast has been perfect summer weather the last few weeks.  It's been so wonderful being outdoors, I've hardly spent any time in my craft room at all.  I was feeling kind of yucky yesterday so I spent the day at home and in my craft room.  I was happy to be making cards again using this new Build-A-Flower Morning Glory set from Altenew.  
I'm thrilled with this new set, the flower layers are so easy to line up! You can't tell in the picture but there's actually four layers to these flowers.  I take pictures with my ipad and for the life of me, I can't capture any details at all.  If anyone has any helpful suggestions, I'm all ears!  Anyway, I stamped the leaves using two colors from the Warm Gray Mini Ink Cube Set and the flowers using Ballet Slippers Mini Ink Cube Set.  Using the mini ink cube sets makes coloring layering quick and easy and the colors always coordinate perfectly.  

I did some second generation stamping with the leaves along the left side of the card using Tropical Forest Mini Ink Cubes and a strip of glitter tape before adding these pretty morning glories on stems.  The flowers were stamped using the blues from Secret Garden Mini Ink Cube Set.  The little curly-cues are so fun!  I also added some Nuvo dots for extra detail.

I'll be adding one of these cards to the following challenges:
(Top Card) Color Throwdown ~ Pink, Gold, Black & White
(Bottom Card) Word Art Wednesday ~ Anything Goes
Double D Challenges ~ Tropical

Thanks for stopping by!


13 comments:

Linda said...

Wow, Birgit, these are beautiful. Love both cards, but the first one is my favorite.

Lisa Elton said...

Lovely cards Birgti! I like the pink and gold on the first and the touch of sparkle on the second!

Helen F. said...

Love both of cards, Birgit! Those Morning Glory flowers a simply beautiful.

I Card Everyone said...

Good morning, Birgit! You are much better at lining up those layers than I! Would LOve to have a trellis-full of these gorgeous blooms - such pretty wake-up-calls, right? Very beautiful cards - enjoy these days of Summer!
=]

Kim Heggins said...

Love your sweet Morning Glory's, so beautiful!

Marcia Hill said...

Your Morning Glories are absolutely BEAUTIFUL Birgit!! I love the colors on the first card and especially LOVE your striped background...lovely, lovely card! Your more traditionally colored Morning Glories card is just as lovely too...how did I miss that set?!! Two GORGEOUS cards my friend!! :0)

Darlene said...

GORGEOUS cards Birgit! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Tropical’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

Kathy Krug said...

Beautiful design. Thanks for sharing it with us at Double D Challenge Blog. We hope you will join us for future challenges.
Kathy
DD DT

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful flowers and I love Morning glories.

Donna Phelan said...

Both cards are glorious! Loving that gold background, sooooo pretty! I can't believe I didn't plant a single one this year! Oh Bother! (yes, Penny and I have been listening to old Winne The Pooh records lol....today's weather forecast....tut tut looks like rain lol)

Conniecrafter said...

They are just beautiful, no matter what brand I use I always seem to have a hard time lining up, even when others so they are so easy :( I do love the cubes since you know the colors will go together. Like the way you have done the backgrounds on both.
So good to hear you are having perfect weather, Enjoy! Sorry you were feeling yucky but it is good to see more of your beautiful creations!

Amelia Breytenbach said...

This is gorgeous. Love your colour choices and great layout.
Thanks for sharing with us at Double "D" Challenge.
Amelia (Double "D" Challenge Design Team)

Sharron said...

Both are gorgeous, Birgit! The pink with the gold stripes is stunning! Love the simple sentiment. And the wonderful traditional blue reminds me of when we first moved into this house. There were morning glories everywhere!!