Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Bleeding Heart ~ Double D

Good morning friends~  A new challenge is up over at Double D Challenges and we're looking for projects with a heart.  2020 has taken a toll on many people.  Illness, struggles, isolation, death of loved ones.  The list goes on and on.  Each day is a gift waiting to be unwrapped, for better or for worse.  I'm so thankful that I know that The God of the Universe is in control of all things. Yes, there is suffering, but He is there with us as we journey through life.     

I made this card for a friend who has been struggling with many health issues.  I hope she knows how much she is loved.

I used a Brick & Mortar embossing folder from Stamping up! for the background.  
Though it's hard to see, I added some gray ink to the mortar part of the embossing folder before running it through the die cutting machine.  It adds just a bit more dimension.

The verse is from PTI's Expression of Empathy and the brackets and bleeding hearts are from their Make It Market Garden Gate kit.  Oldie but goodie!

Here's what you could win when you play along.
And here's the inspiration photo to help you get motivated.



I do hope you'll visit the Double D Challenge blog to see my talented teamies creations for this challenge and join in on the fun!  

Thanks for stopping by!


16 comments:

Diane said...

OMGosh, I know first hand how gorgeous this card is as it is sitting right in front of me where I can see it. I LOVE bleeding hearts, just can't seem to grow them here, so next best thing is the card I have. thank you so much for the beautiful card!!

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely card, those 'bleeding hearts' are beautiful. xxx

Donna Phelan said...

She knows, look at this beauty and that lovely sentiment! I love this Kit and haven't used it in ages....maybe this weekend and thoughts of Spring. Be well! xo~

Barbara said...

I recognized those bleeding hearts immediately and I love how you used them here on a card for our special Diane!

I Card Everyone said...

I adore Bleeding Hearts, Birgit... never had much luck finding the perfect spot for them to thrive in our garden, but it didn't stop me from trying everywhere we've lived!
The paper ones might have been my go-to! lol Yours are gorgeous!
=]

Darlene said...

Oh my friend this is just lovely and I'm sure your friend will find comfort in your caring creation. The sentiment is perfect! Love your overall design ... the background brick wall is fabulous ... what a great idea (will have to remember that). And, only you would have bleeding hearts LOL ... I have many of the real plants but nothing in my stamps or dies! Well done!! Stay safe & healthy!!

Marcia Hill said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL card Birgit and how perfect for this challenge! You've colored those bleeding heart flowers so beautifully and they look fabulous against the brick! Lovely, lovely card my friend and sure to bring a smile to it's recipients face!! Hugs. :0)

Vicki said...

This is just gorgeous, Birgit! The white embossed brick background is perfect with the beautiful hanging bleeding heart vines. I love this stamp! The sentiment is beautiful too.

Lisa Elton said...

What a beautiful and peaceful card, it's so calming. I'm sure it will bring comfort to your friend and that she'll feel the love that went into it!

Kathy Krug said...

I love your brick wall with the Bleeding hears flowers and sentiment. Great take on the mood board.

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my your friend will be very touched by this beauty! The bleeding hearts are so lovely along with that scroll work, and the embossed background is just perfect with it!
Yes to know that God is in control, makes everything much easier to deal with!

somethingcraftybydottie said...

what a lovely car I( love the bleeding hears. and verse. so very pretty I'm sure your friend will love it..
if you are not a follower of my blog please become one I'll do the same for you. God Bless
Hug
Dottie xox

Greta said...

So beautiful!

Judy Woodland said...

Oh my gosh, I had forgotten about that cute stamp set from PTI. I have it too and haven't used it in ages. Great take on the challenge, I love your design and your friend will love it too.

Janice said...

Stunning card Birgit, love the gorgeous flower against that amazing brick wall!

ani321india said...

The designs are very awesome. I liked the 2nd one very much.
The designs explain you have a creative mind.

online reviews