Wednesday, June 16, 2021

The Sea Is Calling ~ Double D

Hello my friends.  Double D Challenge is kicking off a new challenge today with the "Signs of Summer". Nothing says "summer" more to me than spending a day at the ocean.  ...Toes in the sand, listening to the ocean waves roll upon the seashore and watching, waiting for the infamous mermaid to appear.  

 I used papers from Sea Maiden Seven from Authentique to create a twist panel pop up card to give to a friend who loves mermaids.     


The twist panel pop up die is from Karen Burniston.  Each of the images fit the panels perfectly.  The post card image on the bottom panel is a left over piece from Graphic 45.  I'm glad to finally have found a place to use it.

I made a belly band using Velcro dots on the back to hold it closed.
 

Here's the inspiration photo to get you started:

I was inspired by that cute little girl walking on the beach with her pail.  I think perhaps she's really a mermaid....

I hope you'll hop on over to the Double D Challenge Blog to see more inspiration from my talented team mates and join in on the fun!

Thanks for stopping by!


12 comments:

Diane said...

Wow, what a creative and awesome card! Fabulously perfect papers for this too! We aren't at the ocean but love hearing the waves roll in on one of the great lakes every morning!! Just wish it would warm up here, it's 46 this morning!!

Barbara said...

Wow! This is a beautiful project. I adore the look of the 1920"s. This card is the Bee's Knees and the Cat's Pajamas. What a fun card!

Darlene said...

Oh Birgit ... WELL DONE! This is awesome! So unique and fun to see all the different scenery elements! GREAT job!! Have a great day!

Kathy Krug said...

Love the twist and pop card. The designer paper is perfect for vintage looking interactive card.

Marcia Hill said...

Oh my goodness Birgit...this card is totally AMAZING!! The front is absolutely fabulous with all those beautiful PP's, and then it gets even better when you open up the card...STUNNING!! This card really is a work of he(art) and I love, LOVE it!! Hugs. :0)

Donna Phelan said...

She is glorious! Love your Designer Papers, the colors and images are fabulous! Great Fun Fold, I have that die set too! This is AHmazing!!!

Lisa Elton said...

Wow this is incredible, Birgit! You've done a beautiful job with those papers!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh your friend is going to love this gem. Fancy mermaid card and love all the images inside! Wonderful vintage feel! I like the idea of velcro on the belly band

Amelia Breytenbach said...

Wow, this is amazing Birgit! I love all those beautiful vintage elements and design

Vicki said...

This is gorgeous, Birgit! The color combination is a favorite of mine. Love the twist and pop design. Your friend will be so happy to receive this beautiful card!

laurie said...

Love the papers and wow what a great fold!

Judy Woodland said...

I love this so much. I recognized the G-45 papers right away, they are iconic. Great design here, it just makes me smile!!! Well done, my dear.