Wednesday, June 21, 2023

The Glory of The Lord ~ Color Challenge ~ Double D

Hello friends!  Double D Challenge is starting up a new challenge and the theme is a color challenge.

As you can see I went with the cool tones of blue, using Forever Fern stamps & dies from Stampin' Up!
 
The background is embossed with a very old plaid EF.  I cut a circle out of the right edge so it overlapped the edge and stamped the verse inside the negative space.

I used Altenew's Icy Lake Crisp Ink Dyes for all the stamping and the flowers and pearls are from my stash.  

Trying to make the most of my crafting time, I made two more cards.  

I used the negative piece from the first card and added more leafy sprigs from Forever Fern and a Vintage Rose from Altenew.  I tucked in a few sprigs cut from vellum to soften the look.


Click HERE to visit the Double D Challenge blog to see more amazing inspiration from my super creative team mates.


Here's the inspiration board to get your creative juices flowing:

And here's what you could win when you play along:

Thanks for stopping by!


11 comments:

Darlene said...

WOW! These are ALL just BEAUTIFUL! What a clever design ... I simply love it! Thanks for sharing another (a variety lol) of awesome & inspiring DT projects. GREAT JOB!

I Card Everyone said...

Birgit, all three cards are blue-tiful! What a fun crafty time you've had!
=]

Donna Phelan said...

What a gorgeous array! Love the shades of blue and how you did the twofer plus an extra! That semi-circle wreath is fabulous, what a great design! These are beautiful!

Marcia Hill said...

I haven't used the Forever Fern set in forever, but oh how BEAUTIFUL it looks in blue on all 3 of your GORGEOUS cards Birgit! I love everything about all 3 of them, but especially the 1st one! The layout is wonderful...I love that die cut circle for the beautiful verse and then surrounded by those lovely, lovely blue leaves! Wonderful post my friend...didn't want it to end!! Hugs. :0)

Barbara said...

You have been busy, and all of these cards are spectacular. I especially love the spray of flowers and how it caresses the beautiful sentiment.

Doni High said...

Beautiful cards...all three of them! You really went to town girlfriend!

Leslie Miller said...

How pretty this is in blue, and just look at the extras. So lovely, Birgit!

Diane said...

WOW! All three cards are creatively gorgeous!! Love the soft pretty colors of the blues and what a creative design too, very inspiring for us all!!

Vicki said...

Stunning cards, Birgit! So elegant and I love that icy blue color. The verses are just wonderful.

Judy Woodland said...

So, so beautiful my friend. I love all the die cut elements, and those flowers popped up are the perfect final touch. Lovely greeting too, well done!

Conniecrafter said...

These are gorgeous, love the blues you used, and I like how you took the left over from one card to add to another, lovely stamping of the flowers and leaves and great verses and sentiments to go with them!