Thursday, May 2, 2024

Party On with Color Hues

Color Hues has a fun combination of Lilac & Lime to challenge you.  

My order from The Greetery arrived the other day and I couldn't wait to play with the new Hey Honeycomb Party Hat, using these colors.

I used Twisted Citron and Milled Lavender to add color to the hat.  The photo doesn't do justice to the colors, as the Twisted Citron has more of an olive-y look.  Trust me when I say, it really does look like lime green in real life.

I added flowers from the Hey Honeycomb Flower Power set. 

I'll be adding this card to the following challenges:
Color Hues Challenge ~ Lilac & Lime
Word Art Wednesday ~ Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by!


10 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

What a cute party hat you've created, Birgit! It looks amazing in this color combo. This is a fabulous card!

Marcia Hill said...

Oh what a FUN card Birgit! I got my order Tuesday, but the only thing I've done is snip apart the dies...you really got on the ball with this awesome birthday hat and it looks fabulous in our challenge colors at Color Hues...thanks so much for sharing with us!! (Love your background too!!) Hugs. :0)

I Card Everyone said...

SO fun, Birgit! and I love the happy birthday background, too!
=]

Donna Phelan said...

Oh this is just FUN! Such a Party! Love that hb wordy background and that awesome party hat! Perfect colors for your Challenge!

JulieP said...

What a fun party hat!!!! We chose the same Distress Oxides to make our cards and I do think it's the perfect color combination. The background paper is also very fun. Thanks so much for playing with Color Hues Birgit!!!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, goodness, this is fun and cute and it looks like the best party! You wasted no time playing with your new dies. I love Twisted Citron. It's definitely lime green. Photos do funny things.

Nancy said...

What a fun celebratory card! Such awesome blending of your colors too, Birgit! So happy to see this in our galley at Color Hues, you should link it at Seize the Birthday for Anything Goes.

Conniecrafter said...

so Cute and fun, I do love this color combination myself!!

Lena said...

Wow, Birgit this card looks amazing in these colours. I would never have thought to put Lilac and Lime together. Thank you for the inspiration, my friend.
Lena
xx

cm said...

How fun is your party hat, especially in lilac and lime! Super cute! Thank you for joining us at Colour Hues.
~carol