Thursday, July 4, 2024

Happy 4th of July!

Happy Independence Day!  Happy 4th of July!  However you commemorate this day, let's not forget the adoption of our Declaration of Independence and the lives that were sacrificed to gain such freedom. 

These darling little gals are starting off the day with a bang!  

I purchased the doll images on Etsy and thought they'd be perfect perched atop a couple of old red and white spice tins that were hiding in my closet of shame for far too long.

The Tim Holtz Idea-ology Baubles were colored using Red Pepper and Stonewashed alcohol inks. LOVE!!

Each young lass got a paper pinwheel, a paper flag and a smattering of glittery garland.

I had this envelope sitting in a pile of mixed media materials and I thought the red stripes on the envelope would make a perfect patriotic altered piece. 

A few book pages and paper scraps later and viola!

  
A good use of a tiny dictionary page.

I filled the envelope with some paper ephemera to give to a friend who also likes to create vintage altered art.


While you're here, do you want a look into the stepback cupboard all decorated for July??
 
Pretty much everything in the cupboard came from thrift stores at one time or another.

The gingham plates are from The Pioneer Woman.  Milk glass is always abundant in thrift stores.

Some of the many jars in my collection have been found during excavation at my dear hubbies different job sites.  A little soaking and elbow grease can clean them up nicely.  I love the look of cobalt glass!

These old parade flags have 48 stars.  They were in my great aunts house when we were cleaning it out.  I think they were from our town's parade in 1976, celebrating our nation's 200th independence anniversary.

I hope you enjoyed your visit today.  I know it was a long post, but thanks for sticking with me if you did.  


Have a safe and Happy 4th of July!
Thanks for stopping by!


1 comment:

Donna Phelan said...

AMAZING! So Americana! Lovely crafted items and I adore your pretty decorated cupboard, so FAB, so FUN! I also loooooove cobalt blue glass.....sea glass that is lol I have a small but precious collection! Happy 4th on the 5th my dear!