Wednesday, September 4, 2024

Sunflowers ~ Double D Challenge

Happy Wednesday paper crafting friends!  Are you ready for a new challenge over at Double D Challenge?  Diane has a delightful mood board for you for the next two weeks.


Sunflowers!  🌻🌻🌻 Who doesn't love a cheerful sunflower??  
Here's how I was inspired by the upper right corner.

I'm all in when it's sepia toned!  I inked up the edges of the card front using Vintage Photo and Antique Paper DOX inks.  

The sunny sunflower stamp is from Sizzix.  This stamp set was very easy to line up. The postage stamps are from Spellbinders.

While I had my supplies at hand, I made this CAS version, inspired by the lower right corner of the mood board.  I used a "sympathy" sentiment just so I could have a card on hand.  You never know when you'll need one and I'd rather make them when my heart isn't hurting.  


I look forward to seeing how you're inspired over at the Double D Challenge.
Here's the prize that you could win when you play along.


Thanks so much for stopping by!


12 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful card and excellent colors love this and a great design xx A big thank you for your gorgeous Ducky card for my birthday, I adore it xx

Vicki said...

Very pretty CAS card! Love that vintage sunflower design and what an absolutely beautiful sentiment inside the card. The shaded backgrounds look amazing.

Diane said...

Both cards are gorgeous, the sunflowers look almost water colored, so soft and dreamy, beautifully designed!!

Donna Phelan said...

Gorgeous cards! I love the simple beauty of each! That sunflower stamp is so artsy looking, ya know? Lovely sentiment and I adore the postage collage stamping as well!
Fantastic!

Darlene said...

Both cards are absolutely beautiful! Great job of stamping and designing! Love the shaded backgrounds ... perfect to showcase these beauties!

Leslie Miller said...

One variation is as lovely as the next! That really is a pretty sunflower stamp with the layers so perfect. You worked those shaded backgrounds beautifully, Birgit!

I Card Everyone said...

Birgit! Oh, my gracious they are both so beautiful! What a beautiful stamp - how did I miss that one?
=]

Judy Woodland said...

I love the look of postage cancellation stamps, they are so charming. Your design is so amazing, this is just a beautiful card.

Marcia Hill said...

Both cards are so pretty with that GORGEOUS Sunflower Birgit! I love the vintage postcard feel to the first one, but love the simple one with the blue background just as much! Two lovely, lovely cards my friend!! Hugs. :0)

blbabe1234 said...

Wow! Absolutely gorgeous. Love those sunflowers!

Lisa Elton said...

Love the simplicity. It lets that wonderful flower take center stage!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my they are both just beautiful, that is a great sunflower stamp, I really love the sepia tones in the first with the stamping of the postage and such but the 2nd does make a lovely sympathy card!