Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Paint Splat Birthday Wishes

Masculine birthday cards is something I struggle with and I'm always in need of a fair number at the beginning of the year. The Simon Says Wednesday Challenge timing couldn't be more perfect since the theme is 'It's a Guy Thing". Hopefully I'll have a few cards to enter into this challenge but here's my first card.

I started by randomly stamping sheet music background to a solid white cardstock panel and then added some paint splats from PTI's Watercolor Wonder which I spritzed with water before stamping. I then sprayed it generously with some Cherry colored spritz from Heidi Swapp. The letters "H & B" were stamped using PTI's Headline Alphabet stamp set which I then mounted onto some black cardstock. I mounted the white card panel onto black and then a grey colored card base. A cool, masculine card to send to one of my nephews.
I'm also entering this card into the Simon Says Monday Challenge for inky backgrounds.
Thanks so much for looking! Blessings~ Birgit

3 comments:

Melissa Bove said...

Fabulous card! Love the background!! Very pretty!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Birgit :-) the colours and whole design of this are fabulous ! I love the background, stunning ! :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

Meihsia Liu said...

Your card is so beautiful! Love the fabulous inky background you created. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)