Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Altenew Academy ~ Day 1 & 2

After seeing Linda's and Marcia's pretty water colored projects, I took the plunge and signed up for Altenew's Stunningly Simple Watercolor Techniques Class. Oh boy I've gotten some great tips and learned some new things already!
DAY 1 ~ Ombre Water Coloring

I used Tim Holtz' Abandoned Coral to color the background. I might have gotten a little carried away with the color but I still love how it came out!

Day 2 ~ Ink Smooshing

I used Tim Holtz Abandoned Coral, Mustard Seed and Orange Marmalade for this background. The stamps are Altenew's Vintage Flowers and Vintage Roses


I used the little strip of watercolored cardstock that I cut from the first card to make this card using Vintage Roses.

I'm already looking forward to taking two more classes tomorrow, hoping to catch up!
Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings~ Birgit

5 comments:

Birgit said...

Oh wow! These 3 cards are stunning. I don't think you got carried away with the ombre look-it is blended nicely. I love the smooshing effect and the yellow roses look so nice and spring like

Lydia said...

Oh my word ... these are just so gorgeous! So glad you took the class and that you have found a few of the tips helpful.
Big Hugs Lydia x

Marcia Hill said...

Looks like you're getting all A's too in this class Birgit...all three of your cards are just beautiful!! And isn't it a fun class?? I'm loving it!! :0)

Linda said...

Such beautiful cards Birgit. Glad I inspired you and Marcia to take the class. My next one is the On-line class on Jennifer McGuire blog. I think this will be a little more intense since it is the intermediate class. Wish me luck.

Colleen said...

Birgit, you have done a wonderful job with this class...I am so glad you stopped by and left some love on my blog and told me you were taking it! Your three cards here are stunning...isn't it fun? I already have other ideas and stamps to use (other than Altenew...now I will go see your other projects! Heart Hugs!