Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Altenew Academy ~ Day 5

Phew! I'm all caught up to day 5 of Altenew's Academy Stunningly Simple Watercoloring Techniques. Today's lesson was watercoloring solid image stamps. I had a hard time finding a solid image stamp that would work well for this lesson and finally hit upon The Kitchen Sink's Bluebonnets set.

This watercoloring technique was completely new to me and I really enjoyed it! It's another great way to extend the way I used my stamps.
If you haven't taken any online classes before, I highly recommend it! I'm new to taking online classes and am finding so much inspiration, learning new tips and tricks and having so much fun with the daily challenges.

Hope you'll come back tomorrow to see day 6!
Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings~ Birgit

4 comments:

Lydia said...

This looks gorgeous Birgit! I'm so glad you found a stamp to use, when you said blue bonnets in class I thought you meant the type of hat lol. I love it, it works so well with the technique :)

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

When you watercolor to your card, it is really beautiful!

Colleen said...

Funny I thought the same thing as Lydia and was looking for the "bonnet'!! LOL!! Gorgeous, Birgit!! Now I can hardly wait to see what you do with day 6!! Aren't you sad to see this class end?

Marcia Hill said...

What a perfect stamp to use for this technique...absolutely gorgeous! I think you've aced this whole class Birgit! And it definitely is a fun one too, isn't it!! :0)