Monday, December 25, 2017

Beautiful Snowflake Candle Mats

Good morning and Merry Christmas to you and your family!  We're blessed with a white Christmas here in Maine so today's project can be used during the cold wintery months ahead to add a warm glow to your home.  

These Snowflake Candle Mats are so easy, you'll be whipping them out by the dozen!  
Here's a snapshot of the products I used:


and glued the snowflakes onto the scalloped circles using Tombow Mono Multi-Purpose Glue.

I added some pretty colored gems to the snowflakes and lifted the fractals of the snowflakes to add depth.

The battery operated tea lights fit perfectly in the center of the candle mats.

These particular candles change color and I just happened to get lucky enough to have them all at different colors when I snapped the picture.  

You'll find all the Stardream Metallic Cardstock on sale this month at Cut Cardstock.  While you're there, be sure to sign up for their newsletter so you'll be the first to know about their amazing sales and deals!

Would you like to receive lots of free cardstock, envelopes and other supplies?  CutCardStock is having a design team call.  You can find all the details here

Thanks for stopping by!


7 comments:

Ann Greenspan's Crafts said...

Birgit, these are such a great idea and love the gems you've added to them. I heard you were getting snow up there; I just hope it was manageable and people can still get around. Down here we get plowed in for days and no one can even get to work.

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is a beautiful way to display candles on one's holiday table and throughout the home. Real candles are so pretty but I think in my case I would have to use artificial ones as we have lots of little ones who might burn themselves if they got too curious. This is an awesome gift idea too.

Marcia Hill said...

These are SOOOO pretty Birgit...love them!! I need to remember this idea for next year for gifts for my bible study ladies...I think they would really like them! Where did you get the color changing tea lights from??

Conniecrafter said...

These are so pretty, great out of that cardstock and love the added gems, I haven't seen the small tea lights change like that, so pretty in all the different colors!
Hope you had a lovely Christmas!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh goodness are these ever PRETTY!! Hope you enjoyed a Merry Christmas!!

Donna Phelan said...

Oh these are so pretty and creative! They would make for lovely place settings too! I can't believe they were all at different colors, how lucky for you! lol Merry Merry! Have a happy and healthy New Year! xo~

Janice said...

Such a pretty and very clever idea. Love the pretty colours.
I hope you had a lovely Christmas Birgit :-)