Thursday, October 18, 2018

Pretty Pinks ~ Two Cards / Two Challenges

Good morning friends ~ It feels like I've been away from my craft room for a long time.  Life was busy and then I got trigger finger in the thumb on my right hand and I couldn't move it at all, paired with lots of pain.  Thankfully after a visit to the orthopedic and a steroid shot in my thumb, it's doing much better.  I can move it again and the pain is subsiding.  Just in time to join some amazing challenges.
Have you seen the photo inspiration for The Card Concept?  Wow, is it stunning!  
I was totally inspired by the pink and cream pumpkins dipped in gold.  My style falls in to the category of "Classy & Elegant" I think... I hope.
I used Pretty Pumpkins from Sunny Studio.  I love the layers these stamps have.  I dipped the smallest pumpkin in gold embossing powder.

I also used the cake pedestal from PTI's Cloche Quarters and a frame from PTI's Boutique Borders ~ Love set.  Sadly, this is discontinued but the frames are timeless and elegant.  The sentiment is from PTI's Penned Elegance and was embossed in gold as well.

This next card was made for the PTI Create Along With Us challenge.  I haven't played along in quite some time so I was happy for the opportunity to join in on the fun using this card from Amy Sheffer as inspiration.
I used the Painted Poinsettia set again along with Seasonal Borders: Winter.  

I stamped a coodinating envelope too, inspired by Heather Nichols and their new set Pleasing Envelopes .

I'll also be adding one of these cards to the following challenges:
Word Art Wednesday ~ Anything Goes
Time Out Challenges ~ Colorful

Thanks for stopping by!


15 comments:

Susan Watanabe said...

Wow, these two cards are are brilliant Brigit! I really like what you did with your pumpkin card with non-traditional colors. I’m sorry about your thumb problem...but happy to hear it’s on the mend. 😁

Lisa Elton said...

Ouch, sorry about the thumb issue! You must be mending nicely by the look of these gorgeous cards! LOVE those pretty pumpkins on the cake plate, such a pretty card. And holy smokes to that Christmas card and envelope ~ swoon!

I Card Everyone said...

Birgit, I think BOTH of your gorgeous cards fit into the Classy & Elegant class... the HEAD of the class, even!
Feel better each and every day! xx
=]

Conniecrafter said...

Sorry to hear about your thumb, glad you got some relief from it.
Your cards are gorgeous, I do love the pumpkin dipped in the gold and your stamping on the second card is Beautiful too! Glad you were able to get back to being creative!

Christine said...

Such a gorgeous fall card. Love the soft blue background behind those beautiful pink and gold pumpkins. Such a sweet look!

Patti said...

Ouch! I have never heard of "trigger finger" I'm sorry you have had pain but your mojo surely was not effected! these cards are stunning!

Sending you big (((Hugs))) and a few prayers too!

Donna Phelan said...

Beautiful cards using beautiful colors! I adore your pumpkins and the inspiration photo! Penny's party just had pink and orange and gold pumpkins too....totally on trend!

Donna Phelan said...

I look at pictures 1st and then read posts lol I hope you and your thumb are 'thumbs up' now! OUCH!

Carol L said...

I love the cards and especially the matching envelope! Everything is just gorgeous! I also had a trigger thumb several years ago but I opted for a brief surgery and it's been fine ever since. Good luck with it and take care!

Sharron said...

Your pumpkin design is so gorgeous! And I love the pretty poinsettias, a card made even more special by the matching envelope!

Nonni said...

Wonderful cards! I love the colorful look of these, you've done fantastic job with your layering stamps, great ink selections! The layouts look very pretty too! Thanks for joining us at TIME OUT!

Kara Lynne said...

I know I already said it on Instagram, but these are both such striking, beautiful cards! Yes, definitely classy elegant! I hope your thumb is totally healed by now. Seeing crafty friends earlier this month made me think of you and miss you!

Shona Chambers said...

I absolutely love your take on The Card Concept photo!! Your pumpkins are gorgeous, especially dipped in gold and brilliant idea to put the 'wooden' paper in the background too. So glad your back to crafting and wonderful to see you at TIME OUT!

Patti said...

Hi Birgit : )

I think I have lost your e-mail address so I am writing to you again here. I wanted to thank you for the sweet card you sent to me.

Sadly we do not get much in the way of fall color as there are no hardwood trees here. We can drive 20 minutes or so to the top of the mountain and get to see pine trees and will get to see snow (if we want to LOL) but nothing like the amazing technicolor splendor of a Wisconsin (or Maine) fall. Sigh.... I guess no place is perfect!!

No worries on the spiders and snakes we have taken dominion over them giggles with a lot of help from the Lord and a little help from, Gloria the "Bug Lady"

Thank you again friend.

Have a blessed day! and if you want could you e-mail me again so that I may re-enter your address in my e-mail address book.

BIG (((Hugs)))
Patti at neck Styles dot com

Creating with Susan said...

I'm glad your thumb healed in time to make these beautiful cards. They are both so pretty!! Thanks so much for joining us at The Card Concept.