Thursday, October 25, 2018

Too Cute To Spook! ~ TupeloDesignsLLC

Good morning~  It's my turn to post for TupeloDesignsLLC and since Halloween is right around the corner I thought I'd inspire you with some dies from Elizabeth Craft Design that are just too cute to spook!


The Pumpkins die set from Elizabeth Craft Designs can be used with or without the carved pumpkin faces, making these dies very versatile. 

Since I knew I wanted to pair the pumpkins up with this happy little Ghost   I opted to use the faces on this card.  I tucked some Garden Notes Ivy behind the pumpkins.  To deepen the colors and add dimension to the pumpkins and ivy leaves, I blended Distress Inks onto the dies before adhering them to the card front.


I created another card using the same Pumpkins die without the faces.

I cut the ghost out of polka dotted vellum and skipped using the ghost shadow for a completely different look.  I tucked the vellum ghost behind the Elizabeth Craft Designs Iron Fence.  

The background was made by masking off the moon and blending distress inks in different shades of blue, then removing the mask and blending in the colors of the moon.  I splattered the backround with water to remove some of the color to look like stars.
The sentiments on both cards are from the ECD Spooky Sentiments set.  

I hope you're inspired by todays projects.  
Be sure to visit TupeloDesignsLLC and sign up for their newsletter so you can be among the first to be notified about sales and new product arrivals.

TupeloDesignsLLC always offers FREE Shipping with no minimum purchase inside the U.S.  (Discounted shipping on International orders)  They also offer a Loyalty Rewards Program where shoppers receive 500 points ($5.00) just for signing up, then you receive 2 points for every $1 you spend.  
Plus, there's always great sales going on so be sure to visit TupeloDesignsLLc where there's so many fun brand name products under one roof.  


Thanks for stopping by!


6 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

These 2 cards are both so darn CUTE Birgit and totally make me smile!! Those pumpkin faces are just too sweet and I love all the blending you did on them too! And what a great idea to make the ghost out of the dotted vellum on the 2nd card...LOVE that idea!! Cute, CUTE cards my friend!! :0)

Donna Phelan said...

Nothing scary here, these cards are super cute! I am loving those pumpkins!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my they are both so great but I will have to say I do love the faces on the first one, just makes me smile!

Kim Heggins said...

too darn cute...love both of your sweet and spooky Halloween cards!

Darnell said...

Oh, shoot, Birgit, your great pumpkin card designs would have been perfect for the Twofer harvest challenge! You've really done an amazing job with your design skills showing the versatility of this die!! ❤Hugs, Darnell

Sharron said...

I love cute for Halloween rather than scary and both of these are fabulous. Great coloring on everything and I love the vellum ghost peeking from behind the fence!