Friday, March 22, 2019

Celebrate Spring Tri-fold Card

Good morning and happy spring!  As I sit here typing, there is still snow on the ground and I just looked outside and guess what?  It's snowing!  I'm not going to let that get me down because I have spring in my heart and I'm celebrating it with this fun tri-fold card.
I used Art Impressions Celebrate Spring to make this interactive card.  
I'll confess up front that I bought this set over a year ago and have just opened the package to use it.  I was a little intimidated by it but once I opened it and followed the instructions, it was surprisingly easy and quick!

Yes!  The little door opens and you get a peek inside.  But wait!  It gets even better.  Let me open the door a little wider so you can have a closer look.

Still with me?  Keep watching..

Yes!  The scene plays through the two front panels of the card into the back.  Here's a better look at the inside.

Is this little bunny cute or what??  I colored all the images with Prismacolor Premier Colored Pencils.  

 This is the inside.  Simple yet effective.

 I'm still learning to color and blend with the pencils so please be kind. 

You can find all the products I used by clicking on the links in the body of the post or by clicking the links below.
Art Impressions - Mini Tryfolds Collection - Unmounted Rubber Stamp and Die Set - Celebrate Spring
Prismacolor 150 PREMIER COLORED PENCILS Set 1799879
Neenah Classic Crest 80 LB REAM Smooth Solar White Paper Pack 250 Sheets


5 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

This is such a "you" card Birgit and I absolutely LOVE it!! I think I would have been intimidated by it too, but so glad you persevered as it is just FABULOUS!! I'm loving all the layers when you open the door, and your coloring with the pencils is wonderful!! (I hardly ever use mine as I can't seem to make it look like anything other than a child's scribbling...I think Addy could do better than me!) But anyway, absolutely delightful card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Kara Lynne said...

This is so darling, Birgit! So glad you pulled it out to play. I agree, some products look so intimidating until you really start to play. Something about opening a little door and getting to peek into another world is so inviting! I think your coloring looks great! Colored pencils are a big challenge for me.

Lisa Elton said...

Well this is just about as cute as cute can be! Love the little surprises behind the darling door! It snowed most of the day here too, but there's not a flake to be found on the ground...thanks goodness!

Conniecrafter said...

So good to see you broke out the stamp set and gave it a try, it is just so adorable. I understand your feeling of pencils, you did a terrific job, for me they are harder to get use to for coloring, markers seem to be easier but there is nothing like using pencils for small areas!

Sharron said...

So adorable, Birgit! So glad you tried out the new design. Love the door with sweet images inside and your wonderful coloring. I really enjoy my Prismacolor pencils and use them alone or in conjunction with Copics. It's fun to have choices!